Customer Service Representative | Hamilton
Functional Area:Sales - Inside
Position Type:Full-Time Employment
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
Department:Sales - Inside
Education Required:Bachelors Degree Preferred
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America with a rich history spanning over 175 years, is currently seeking a Customer Service Representative to help support the Outside Process Group sales team in Hamilton, Ohio. Since its launch in 1997, the OPG in Hamilton has been named "Global Supplier of the Year" by customers numerous times and received outstanding service awards from many of the companies it serves.
Successful candidate will be responsible for duties including but not limited to:
* Collaborates with our OPG team and vendor base to support key accounts
* Data entry for production data received from outside processors and supplying mills
* Serve as a back-up for Inside Sales Reps, while simultaneously receiving training to better understand company products, processes and business partners
* Responds to customer quotation requests, needs, inquiries and complaints/concerns
* Understands and incorporates the goals and concepts of our business to achieve sales and profitability targets.
* Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree is preferred
* Strong desire to learn from your training; coach-able personality with a team player mindset
*Excellent professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
*Ability to skillfully multi-task
* Attention to detail
* Basic math skills including conversions, Algebra and Geometry; mechanical aptitude.
* Proficiency within Microsoft applications (Outlook, Excel, Word) required.
* Experience with SAP operating platforms a plus
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
* Positive attitude, competitive, goal-oriented and passion to excel.
* Flexible and solutions-oriented.
* High degree of business ethics.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation or preference, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, disability or genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, or any other federal, state or local protected class or artificial barrier.