The Assembler is responsible for accurately reading and following all assembly instructions by using equipment properly and maintaining it in good working condition.
The duties listed below are intended to provide a general description of the tasks to be performed by this position/classification and should not be considered as an all-inclusive listing or limitation of tasks that can or will be performed by the employee.
* Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions and parts lists; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
* Positions parts and subassemblies by using drawings.
* Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts & subassemblies.
* Verifies completed component.
* Keeps equipment operational by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
* Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed supplies;
* Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
* Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Must be at least 18 years of age.
* Candidates with manufacturing, industrial, or agricultural experience preferred.
* High School diploma or GED equivalent is a plus.
* Prior experience in Controls and Instrumentation preferred.
* Experience in equipment maintenance, tooling or manufacturing quality a plus.
* Familiarity with Manufacturing Safety Management principles helpful.
* Works well with others in a team environment.
* Communicates clearly in verbal and written form.
* Highly organized; superior time management skills.
* Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, bend, and kneel.
* Occasionally need to push, pull, move or lift up to 100 lbs.
* Regularly requited to reach with hands and arms.
Job functions will be carried out in our metal fabricating shop or on plant property.