|OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga county is currently partnering with a local manufacturing company to source for a IBC Technician.|
The Intermediate Bulk Container (IBC) Technician is responsible for performing all aspects of tote cleaning, including preparing tote for cleaning and inspection of cleanliness of the interior/exterior of the tote.
- Operate cleaning equipment including spinner, remove decals and labels, remove set-up product on the interior and exterior of tote. Occasional scrubbing and scraping the interior & exterior of the IBC may be required, but this is not a primary job duty.
- Replace any IBC tote parts as required including but not limited to: valves, gaskets, agitators, packing, camlock caps & fittings, decals, etc.
- Use chemicals, including but not limited to caustic cleaning solution, soap/detergent, hot water and steam to finish the cleaning process on the IBC’s.
- Complete confined space entry permits for the purpose of entering IBC’s to scrape the interior of the tote.
- Complete any/all paperwork (either manually or electronically) as required to complete the shipping/receiving of a tote.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Mechanical ability and inclination
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to speak and understand English for comprehension of SDS (Safety Data Sheets) chemical information
- Ability to navigate basic computer software and other business related software