Information about #28355 Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
GOJO Industries, inventor of PURELL branded well-being solutions, is the global leader in Healthy Skin and Healthy Places. We use the best science available to create breakthroughs that result in healthier people and environments.
Our 75-year success as a Family Enterprise is propelled by our collaborative culture of Purpose-driven colleagues. We work in ways that nourish our growth and build flourishing teams. We care about each other, and embody the health and well-being we bring to the world.
The opportunities we have to make a difference in people's lives drive us. If this inspires you, please join us at GOJO.
Tends basic line machinery and related equipment in a continuous production/processing operation. Follows production/process specifications or instructions as documented and directed. Assists the Blow Molding Process Technicians in the daily operation of the Blow Molding line. Performs all work in accordance with established safety and quality procedures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Meet the daily production schedule
* Perform minor operation and changeover procedures and assist Maintenance on major changeovers
* Verify availability of required components and supplies at workstation for upcoming and current orders
* Functions as part of the production crew to load equipment with the necessary production components such as, but not limited to, preforms, trays, inserts, and boxes
* Reconcile and return remaining components to the locator after production runs
* Assist the Blow Mold Technician in performing quality checks
* Maintain line and equipment within housekeeping and cleanliness guidelines
* Start and stop machines and comply with lock-out/tag-out procedures
* Must be familiar with and able to operate machine control panesl and touch screens, digital communication equipment, and can recognize system errors or faults
* Adhere to standard operating porcedures, cGMP, safety, and housekeeping requirements
* May train other associates as assigned
* Must be able to reqpetitively lift up to 55 pounds
Working Relationships (other departments)
* Automation Technicians/Operators
Education and Experience
* High School Graduate or Equivalent (GED) required
* Demonstrated mechanical aptitude and physical ability
* Skill in the care and use of hand tools (and any other equipment necessary) that is needed to perform tasks of the position
* Possess strong safety knowledge of handling machinery
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Lifting requirement of up to 55 pounds
Proficiency will be obtained through on-the-job training. Requires previous mechanical experience in a manufacturing environment. Knowledge of testing equipment and ability to operate this equipment. Ability to train others through on-the-job training.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application process. You will have an opportunity to include your resume and a cover letter.
Recruiters, Search Agencies or others referring candidates to GOJO Industries, Inc. without written authorization from GOJO Industries, Inc. Human Resources will not be compensated in any way for their online referral even if GOJO Industries, Inc. hires the candidate. GOJO does not seek or respond to unsolicited resumes for positions that are not listed in the Careers section.
GOJO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States.