Human Resources Director
Akron, OH, USA
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Myers Industries, Inc. is an international manufacturer of polymer-based material handling products and a wholesale distributor of tire repair and retread products. As a diversified manufacturing company, Myers Industries offers a broad range of products across multiple markets, including industrial, agriculture, food processing, healthcare, and consumer.
This is an exciting opportunity for a business minded human resource professional to be part of the leadership team and work to develop an HR agenda that finds, develops, engages, and empowers the best people in the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
HR Integration Team Leader
* Perform the post-deal HR Integrations with respect to Mergers and Acquisitions and other similar transactions, serving as the lead, project manager and primary point of contact
* Work with cross-functional integration teams on the HR integration engagements, focusing on establishment and merging of all human resources processes and policies, including compensation and benefit platforms for alignment with OneMyers
* Provide hands-on support and project management in all HR matters from post-integration to eventual transition into business HR teams.
* Ensure tools, best practices and lessons learned are documented and communicated within the internal HR teams
Strategic HR advisor
* Support the OneMyers culture, reaching across all platforms to encourage collaboration and sharing of best practices across all functions
* Understand key financial metrics and what drives the business
* Develop a comprehensive people strategy in collaboration with Human Resource leaders across the enterprise - prioritize initiatives that will help deliver the business strategy
* Influence the strategic agenda for HR capability gaps/opportunities, while leveraging/building relationships at key levels in the organization
* Proactively design and deliver an HR agenda that creates value for the business today and in the future; go beyond merely responding to requests for service
Act as a catalyst for continued business performance
* Ensure that HR strategies and plans are translated into concrete actions and tangible results
* Define, prioritize and measure HR's contribution to business performance as well as monitor and maximize employee productivity to drive business operations
* Shape the organization structure by aligning people and capabilities with key objectives in support of business operations
* Drive the talent management cycle within the business
* Match resource capability to changing business requirements and conditions, maintaining a workforce plan (quantity and quality) and making resource projections
* Cultivate talent by facilitating continuous development reviews. Plan for succession and build plans to develop leaders towards desired values, behaviors and skills
* Enable a working environment driven by the desired Myers culture
* Identify key metrics for HR to measure business performance and HR performance
Ensure that operational excellence in HR is delivered:
* Works with management, providing HR functional expertise, policy guidance and interpretation when appropriate
* Member of the HR Leadership team for the enterprise
* Drive uniform and best practice processes to enable consistent quality service delivery focused on achieving agreed objectives through collaboration with leaders in HR and other functions across the enterprise
* Measure/monitor HR service delivery to ensure prompt, corrective action in any cases of dissatisfaction or issues with delivery; analyzes trends in metrics to develop solutions, programs and policies
* Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations as needed
* Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to management and HR team as needed (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
* Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
* Leads talent acquisition process, ensuring high quality through hires, promotions and transfers
* Provides guidance/input on business structure, workforce planning and succession planning
* Identifies training needs for business and individual development planning, participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Business Acumen: An in depth knowledge of business and its intricacies and the ability to communicate in business terms. Demonstrated an effective level of business literacy.
* Strategic Thinking: A focus on delivering business outcomes to meet and anticipate current and future needs.
* Professionalism: Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills; discrete and maintains confidentiality of employee and organizational information
* Planning and Organizing: Proactive and takes the initiative to get work done; exemplary administrative skills and strong attention to detail, including ability to prioritize, multi-task, organize and manage projects through to completion; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently
* Customer Focus: Strong ability to understand and empathize with others point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with people by gaining their trust and respect; identifies people's needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; keeps key customers and other contacts informed of progress or setbacks in projects
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in HR, Business Management or Engineering. Master's or other post-graduate degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or related fields a plus
* Minimum 10 years related experience
* Previous Experience as a Project Manager / Program Manager in HR for M&A integration is strongly preferred.
* Progressive experience demonstrating broad understanding of technical and functional components of human resources: talent acquisition, talent management, organizational design/development, succession planning, leadership development, compensation & benefits; compliance; employee communications; training and development and employee relations.
* Experience supporting multiple locations.
* Experience in a high performing HR culture
* Familiarity with lean principles, problem solving and how to apply them to Human Resources in a measurable and sustainable way
* Strong PC, Excel, Word, and Power Point skills
* Typical office environment
* While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
* The employeeregularly isrequired to walk,climbor balance, and talk and hear.
* The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Myers Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Akron, OH, USA
Share this job:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled