Check out our NEW, higher starting pay for Route Drivers -- Earn $22.00/hour to start! And you may be eligible for a raise after just 60 days -- APPLY TODAY!
The Maintenance Worker 2 position performs preventive and corrective maintenance in the plant under management supervision.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Assists in the installation of new equipment.
* Assists the Maintenance Supervisor and/or other personnel on special fabrication and construction projects.
* Follows preventative maintenance schedule.
* Trains Level 1 Maintenance personnel.
* Performs machine repair and installation such as replacing motors, rebuilding gear boxes, run threaded piping, run weld piping, overhaul pumps, replace packing shaft seals on cookers and pumps, welds and uses cutting torch.
* Conducts daily greasing and oiling of plant equipment.
* Diagnosis and replacement of equipment parts with little or no direction.
* Ability to diagnose and repair control circuits and VFD installation.
* Maintains clean, neat, and orderly work area at all times.
* Responsible for using assigned personal protective equipment and required safety equipment; responsible for being familiar with and observing all Company safety rules and regulations.
* Attends regularly scheduled safety meetings and may be asked to serve on Safety Committee.
* All other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Experience in operating a forklift.
* Experience in welding and piping.
* Vocational school training preferred.
* 2 years experience with similar equipment preferred.
* Basic knowledge of general maintenance and equipment operations.
* Welding proficiency in MIG and Stick as well as vertical and overhead.
* Proficiency in control power electric.
* General mechanical aptitude; able to diagnosis and repair problems with motors and other equipment.
* Good math skills; add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
* Frequently required to push, pull, move or lift up to 100 lbs.
* Frequently required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch.
* Regularly required reach with hands and arms. .
* Will need to work rotating 12 hour night shift w/every other weekend scheduled; available "on call" as needed.
Job functions will be carried out in a bakery processing facility which requires tolerance for wet and or slippery floors and high heat or cold temperatures.