OhioMeansJob|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County is currently partnering with a local manufacturing company to source for a Machine Operator-Tube Winder.
The Machine Operator-Tube Winder role will set up, operate, and tend to paper goods machines that perform a variety of functions such as cutting, winding, banking, bundling, sealing. On an as needed basis the individual will set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce parts and instruments. Includes fabricating, modifying and repairing machines involved in the winding and cutting of cardboard paper tubes products.
- Complete work based on individual customer specification in the cardboard tube making industry.
- Examine completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work orders, and adjust machinery as necessary to correct production problems.
- Measure, space and set blades and cutters according to product specifications.
- Observe operation of various machines to detect and correct malfunctions.
- Place rolls of paper on machine feeds and thread paper through gluing, and winding mandrel.
- Fill glue reservoirs and position roller to dispense glue onto paper.
- Cut products to specified dimensions.
- Disassemble machines to maintain, repair or replace broken or worn parts.
- Calculate dimensions or tolerances using instruments such as calipers.
- Maintain machine tools in proper operational condition.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools.
- Dispose of scrap or waste material in accordance with company policies and environmental regulations.
Specific Individual Skills
- Strong work ethic
- Problem solving
- Communicating with supervisors and colleagues
- Handling, lifting and moving objects
- Performing general physical activities, such as lifting, balancing, walking, and stooping.
- Think creatively
- Mechanically inclined