HIGHLAND COUNTY FAMILY ADVOCACY CENTER
VISITATION/SAFE EXCHANGE MONITOR
The Highland County Family Advocacy Center is in search of individuals interested in being contracted with to provide coverage as a supervised visitation monitor on an as needed basis. Trained contract coverage workers may be given preference for future regular contract openings. These positions offer no minimum hours but would be scheduled for training hours up front. Hours typically worked include afternoons and evenings and occasional Sundays. The rate of pay for this contract position is $14.50/hour. Interested candidates should forward their resumes to Highland County Children Services Family Advocacy Center, Attn: Melissa Wheaton, 1575 N. High Street, Suite 100, Hillsboro, OH 45133 or fax them to (937) 393-3299. Questions and resumes may also be emailed to Melissa.Wheaton@jfs.ohio.gov
Resumes will be accepted on an ongoing basis until several candidates are selected.
- Must possess a valid Ohio Driver’s License and a safe driving record
- Must have access to a private auto and possess auto insurance required by law/agency needs
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
- Must have a willingness and ability to work with diverse populations
- Must have, at minimum, a high school diploma (college preferred)
- Must be able to multitask and work in an environment with interruptions
- Must have experience working well with children and/or families under pressure
- Must be able to work cooperatively with peers and supervisors
- Must have excellent observation and documentation skills including typing skills
- Must be physically able. This position requires a good deal of walking, getting up and sitting down frequently, and lifting of children.
- Ideally, candidates will have a solid understanding of child safety, healthy parenting practices, and trauma.
- Candidates best suited for the position will have an ability to be assertive while demonstrating support and compassion.