OhioMeansJobs Medina County is recruiting and entry-level Front Desk Receptionist for a travel agency.
As our Front Desk Receptionist, you will be the first face our guests and team will see each day. You have the unique opportunity to set the tone for everyone entering through our doors. You will also coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls. A good Receptionist is organized, communicates well, and practices excellent time management skills. Details on specific job responsibilities are listed below.
This position requires in-person attendance Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, full-time.
Flexible work options are up to the discretion of the manager and Human Resources.
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative, or similar role
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel experience a must)
- High School diploma a must
- Ability to manage stress and deal with challenges in a positive, customer service-focused manner
- Able to manage multiple projects, prioritize work and be flexible
- Ability to focus and a strong attention to details
- Work without close supervision, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for projects
- High School Diploma or GED
The Company is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regards to applicants or team members and will make reasonable accommodations when necessary.
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting in performance of job duties
- Ability to communicate effectively with others
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members and supervisory staff at all levels
- Will be required to accomplish position requirements using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to computer keyboards, monitors, copier/printer, and telephone
- Ability to safely, occasionally, and independently move and handle 50lbs
RESPONSIBILITIES PRODUCING RESULTS
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor visitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls
- Deliver Mail and Packages, sign for FedEx and UPS
- Forward mail intended for our IC’s to their business addresses
- Assist other departments with basic data entry or clerical duties including forwarding emails to travel agents daily
- Ensure Kitchen area is clean, clean coffee pots, run and empty dishwasher each workday
- Manage our contracts with Iron Mountain, Forest City Coffee and Iron Mountain accounts
- Order front office & cleaning supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Order snacks for our snack station
- Maintain a CPR, AED and Basic First Aid Certification (if you are not certified already, we will cover the cost of your certification)
- Assist with the Monthly Company Meeting coordination and Catering Orders
- Other duties as assigned to meet the needs of the Company