POSITION TITLE: Warehouse Manager FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT-SALARY
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations LOCATION: CINCINNATI, OH
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 12, 2022
Luxfer Magtechspecializes in developing, manufacturing, and supplying a broad range of products that safeguard and protect, from infrared countermeasure flares that protect pilots from incoming missiles and chemical response kits designed to help safeguard life in chemical warfare attacks, to nutritious food and beverage options for militaries and first responders.
- Medical, Vision, Dental *Start on the 1st day of the following month after being hired*
- 401k with Company match of up to 6%!
- Individual and Company performance bonus potential!
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Additional PTO
- An Operating company of Luxfer Group (NYSE: LXFR)
- Luxfer Magtech is in Cincinnati, OH (45212).
- & Much More
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the efficient and safe operation of all warehouse & logistics related activities, performance metrics related to receiving and shipment of goods, management and control of inventory, and continuous improvement and best practice initiatives. Has supervisory responsibility of direct reports including all goal setting, training, and development activities.
- Ensures efficient warehouse operations through collaboration and coordination with other departments
- Prepares shipping documentation, schedules freight carriers, verifies PODs. Assists in negotiating carrier rates
- Processes inbound, outbound, and diverted loads
- Generates warehouse productivity reports
- Accounts for all labor hours, both direct and indirect
- Responsible for the accuracy of inventory records
- Responsible for materials received, in storage, disbursements, and timely distribution to manufacturing and shipping areas to avoid delays and interruption of production operations
- Responsible for warehouse safety programs to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees and within the regulations of all OSHA local and state regulations.
- Recommend equipment requirements and replacements to the Director of Operations to upgrade and maintain warehouse productivity and efficiency
- Develop, author, and implement warehouse policies and procedures
- Create and achieve key performance objectives of department and direct reports
- Lead department continuous improvement and innovation initiatives
- Create and initiate implementation of industry best practices applicable to warehousing, inventory control, and receiving
- Ensure timely cycle count and annual physical inventory activities
- Ensure inventory accuracy and prevent diversion
- Lead root cause and corrective action investigations within department
- Establish efficient space utilization of warehouses
- Ensure compliance with all related regulatory bodies including DOT, DEA, FAA, IMDG and IATA
- Continuously improves physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing 5S audits
- Works closely with customer service, warehouse, dispatch, and manufacturing to ensure on time delivery of customer orders
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in related field required
- 3+ years' experience in warehouse environment
- Experience with DOT and IATA regulations
- LEAN inventory management experience required
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of warehousing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent leadership skills and proven ability to effectively develop teams
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organization and time management skills
- Proficiency with warehouse management software and equipment (forklifts, pallet jacks, stretch wrappers, RF scanners, etc)
- Strong MS Office skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE POSITION:
- Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds
- Must be able to stoop, bend, twist, climb ladders and/or stairs
- Must be able to traverse and access all areas of the warehouse
We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment and pre-employment drug screening, physical and background checks are required prior to starting.
Luxfer Magtech is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities. Women, minorities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology, and services. These items are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S., and properly licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the U.S. Department of Commerce's Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of State's Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency. Candidates must be authorized to work in the US.