Spot is a fast-paced startup that operates within NetApp and enjoys all perks & benefits of a large-scale organization while maintaining the startup culture, mentality, and pace. By continuously optimizing cloud infrastructure to always be highly available and for the lowest possible cost, we revolutionize the way businesses manage their cloud. With the recent acquisition of CloudCheckr, Spot by Netapp's footprint now extends into pure-play cloud management by adding cloud billing analytics and cost management capability. This is an incredible chance to get in on the ground floor of an exciting high growth business unit, which combines the best of a startup environment with the resources of a public company.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for creating scalable, robust features and processes that leverage cloud technologies at their core. As an integral member of a cross-functional agile team, the Software Engineer will participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle from requirements definition with Product Management to acceptance testing with a Quality Engineer to maintaining solutions in production environments. The Software Engineer will learn and implement new technologies on the job. This position will be focused on user interface development; an ideal candidate will have prior experience with React and excellent skills with styling web applications.
* Collaborate with team members to produce proven scalable, performant, and maintainable solutions
* Participate in design and code reviews
* Investigate and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments
* Implement new technologies and techniques to meet business requirements
* Additional duties and projects as required by the business
* Develop for the modern web, with best practices, accessibility, and security in mind
* Be an engaged member of a cross-functional, agile team
* Learn and grow by taking on challenges and collaborating on solutions
* Drive innovation, service our employees, and treat everyone fairly & respectfully
* Enable & embrace change
* Work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
* Excel in a collaborative environment & be a bridge between cross-functional teams
* Committed & passionate about your work & achieving team objectives
* Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit with a positive, proactive, leadership attitude
Required Skill Sets & Responsibilities
* Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar degree required, or equivalent industry experience
* Experience with Agile software development
* Understanding of software design patterns and anti-patterns
* Excellent interpersonal & communication skills and an ability to build strong relationships
* Highly motivated, collaborative, and possessing an entrepreneurial mindset
* Flexible, agile, and open minded with a positive attitude
* Able to plan work to meet project timelines with high attention to detail & accuracy
Did you know...
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they're 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world's biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
Colorado Residents Only: If the Company determines this role will be performed in Colorado, the starting salary for this position is (.9 compa*). This role could be eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time off (PTO), Company bonus, Employee stock purchase plan, and restricted stocks (RSU's) *. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
As a U.S. federal contractor, in accordance with President Biden's recent Executive Order for U.S. federal contractors, all U.S. employees of NetApp must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they work at a Company location or remotely. If there is a medical or religious reason preventing you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccination, you must request and be approved for one of the legally acceptable exemptions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.