OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County, OMJCC, is sourcing a position for a
Pre Production Machining candidate for a company in Cleveland, Ohio.
Multiple Work Shifts Available: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Monday Through Sunday
Must have the ability to work an off shift of 3:00pm-11:00pm or 11:00pm- 7:00am.
- Plan, develop, and manufacture a variety of equipment such as tools, jigs, fixtures, master dies, molds, gages, inspection equipment, etc., used to manufacture and/or repair components or equipment.
- Set up and operate machining and grinding equipment, and perform layout, fitting, assembly, and manufacturing operations of production and repair parts including milling, drilling, turning, grinding, burring, sawing, and EDM etc.
- Use existing, or develop new methods, processes, and equipment to plan and execute manufacturing and/or repair operations on equipment and components.
- Develop, set-up, and operate prototype, sample, or experimental procedures or production lots to test newly developed production methods or tooling.
- Use a full range of hand and power tools, as well as measurement equipment to perform job duties.
- Follow engineering prints, specifications, and/or routing sheets in performing all planning, development, manufacturing and repair operations. Recommend modifications and revisions of procedures.
- Inspect all work using appropriate measurement instruments.
- Assistance may be given other operators on proper operational procedures.
- Perform housekeeping and other job related duties as assigned by foreman.
DESIRED SKILLS (3-5 key skills sets required)
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency is required.
- Have five (5) years' experience in set-up and operation of the following types of machines; Jig Mill, Jig Grinder, Turret Lathe, and OD Grinder, ID Grinder, Surface Grinder, CNC Lathe, and CNC Mill.
- If necessary, be able to demonstrate ability to perform above skills on a test piece.
- Read and interpret complex blueprints and interpret geometric tolerance per ANSI Y14.5.
- Be able to use various measuring instruments including; dial bore gages, indicator snap gages, Verniers, .0001 micrometers, Cadillac gages, sine bars.
- Perform and apply trigonometry math skills.
- Possess skills necessary to maintain accurate documentation and the ability to follow complicated procedures and document accordingly.
- Possess related personal tools.
Recruiter Deb Madey-Grivna