The Ticket Sales Coordinator is primarily responsible for selling various ticket packages and assisting in the overall sales management of the BGSU Ticket Office. The expectation is this person will be a team leader in outside sales and be responsible for prospecting, setting appointments and closing B2B sales. The Ticket Sales Coordinator will also be leading other selling activities related to season tickets, partial plans, group tickets, customer service and other ticket products created in the future. The person in this position will also be responsible for assisting the Assistant AD of Ticket Operations & Annual Fund in developing and implementing a ticket sales strategy designed to meet or exceed the annual sales goals set forth by senior management.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Sell season, premium, partial, group and single game inventory for all ticketed sports
- Recruit, hire, and train sales interns and student staff in order to achieve and exceed weekly, monthly and annual sales goals established by management
- Effectively manage various group assets / experiences in order to maximize group ticket sales at all home games
- Work with External Relations staff (marketing, communications, development, facilities, alumni) to maximize revenue potential and integration with broader community outreach plan
- Work all home games, performing various stewardship and service responsibilities throughout the game and provide superior customer service to clients throughout the season
- Assist Assistant AD with administrative (ticket office, marketing, development and multimedia) relationship building
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Experience with Paciolan ticketing system
- Sales and/or marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree required in Sport Administration, Sport Management, Business or a related field. Degree must be conferred at the time of application
The following experience is required:
- 1-2 year of ticket sales and/or ticket office operations experience (2 years of graduate assistantship equals 1 year of professional experience)
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Administrative Grade Level 351. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Bowling Green State University provides a comprehensive benefit program as part of a total compensation package. This includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, health accounts (medical & dependent), life & disability insurance, retirement plans, employee assistance program and tuition fee waivers for employees and their eligible dependents as well as paid time off, holidays and parental leave. For more information please visit Benefits-at-a-Glance.pdf (bgsu.edu)
Deadline to apply: Position is reopened with an open until filled date. The search committee will review applications until the position is filled; however, for best consideration, applications should be provided by ‘June 22, 2022’.
For a complete job description & to apply for this position visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU. AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green State University, please call 419-372-8421.