OhioMeansJobs|Cleveland-Cuyahoga County, OMJCC is sourcing for the position of Communications Technician C, for a North American power and energy company located in Cleveland, Ohio.
Union Position - UWUA Local G555 East Ohio
Nature and Scope of Position
Performs or learns the duties related but not limited to the installation, maintenance and repair of the Telecommunications equipment. Will typically work under the direction of like or higher classifications and/or supervisor, but may be left to own resourcefulness to accomplish the work
Acquire and maintain an understanding of all company operating procedures focusing on safety, environmental and compliance policies. Install, maintain and repair two-way radio communications. Install, maintain and repair mobile data equipment and systems. Install, maintain and repair LAN/WAN equipment under the direction of the NOC, ETS and NOW groups. Install, maintain and repair all other office/site infrastructure equipment including but not limited to data cabling, leased circuits, UPS systems, grounding, fiber, AV equipment, generators, etc. Learns to and performs operation and support of the microwave communications systems. Learns to and performs operation and support of the SCADA communications systems. Learns to and performs operation and support of telephonic and other voice/data systems. Prepare necessary paperwork associated with the duties of the job. Show initiative and successfully complete IT training courses associated with supporting Company Operations through Company sponsored or external courses.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Experience
- Minimum of 2+ years directly related experience
- Must have FCC Radio Telephone General Class License.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics, system documentation and instruction manuals.
- Familiar with the use of test instruments and software diagnostics used in the installation, repair and maintenance of Telecommunications equipment.
- Knowledge of current FCC rules and regulation pertaining to radio operations/communications.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Must have acceptable attendance and work record.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work outside in all types of weather.
- Must be willing to travel and work overtime and respond to callouts as needed.
- This is a safety-sensitive position subject to random drug testing.
The company is actively seeking United States military veterans and service members who meet the qualifications outlined below:
Military service members and veterans with ranks from E3-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O3, plus appropriate equivalent combination of education and years of experience as outlined above.
OMJCC # 823611891