Title: Occupational Therapist (OTR/L) Job Code: 04113OH
Division: Senior Living
Status: Non-Exempt Reports to: Director of Clinical Management (DCM) Revision date: March 2019 Supervises: Occupational Therapy Assistant or Home Health Aide
PURPOSE According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and local regulations and under the general supervision of the Director of Clinical Management (DCM), the purpose of this position is to supervise, provide and direct therapy rehabilitation services in compliance with company and facility/agency policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Evaluation and treatment of residents/clients with injuries, illnesses or disabilities through the therapeutic use of everyday activities in order for them to develop, recover and improve the skills needed for daily living and working. Evaluation and treatment will only be conducted as ordered by the physician and in accordance with the rules of the Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy and Athletic Trainers Board of the State of Ohio and the Ohio Revised Code, Chapter 4755-1 through 4755-9 of the Ohio Administrative Code.
* Responsible for the development and evaluation of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, patient representative, if applicable, and caregivers. * Provides patient and caregiver education and counseling. * Communicates timely with all physicians and other health care practitioners as appropriate involved in the plan of care. * Supervises occupational therapy assistants as applicable, in accordance with the applicable regulatory requirements and with the rules of the Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers Board of the State of Ohio and the Ohio Revised Code. Responsible for the instruction, evaluation, plan development and supervision of the home health/hospice aides when appropriate per the Conditions of Participation, as applicable, and as outlined by policy to include the initiation, participation, and communication of the competency evaluation.
* Screens residents/clients in accordance with facility/agency policy.
* Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all necessary documentation according to facility/agency policy.
* Assists with marketing and program development as requested.
* Maintains an acceptable level of productivity to meet the facility/agency goals.
* Maintains progressive knowledge of the occupational therapy field, attending related in-services and continuing education programs.
* Participates in interdisciplinary team & QAPI meetings as directed.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Assists the facility/agency in meeting standards necessary to obtain state, federal and other appropriate certifications.
* Plans and completes in-services for facility/agency staff education as requested by management.
* Required to attended all facility/agency meetings and in-services.
EXPECTATIONS * Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods. * * Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws. * * With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws. * * Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties. * * Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET - Occupational Therapist (OTR/L)
Education: Master or Bachelor of Science Degree in Occupational Therapy
Experience: Two to four years experience preferred.
Travel: Continuous for Home and Community Services staff. Occasional for facility staff.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web. Must have good written and verbal communications skills.
Licensure: Current license for occupational therapy in the state in which practicing. Must be eligible for or have taken the OT certification examination administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 25-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous (C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing S = Stooping Lifting/Carrying: F = 10-25 lbs. F = Standing S = Pushing F= 26-50 lbs. F = Sitting S = Pulling F= 51-75 lbs. F = Walking F = Driving ` S= 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Moderate monetary responsibility. Supervision Received: General supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with residents/clients.
I hereby understand and agree to the above description of the duties required.
At National Church Residences, our mission is to support the health and safety of our employees and the seniors we serve. As a result, offers to successful applicants will be contingent upon compliance with National Church Residences' COVID-19 Vaccine Policy. Prior to their anticipated start date, successful applicants must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, or alternatively, secure an approved accommodation because of a disability (as defined by the ADA) or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance (as defined by Title VII).
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.