JOB TITLE: Front Desk Clerk
DEPARTMENT: National Church Residences - Supportive Housing STATUS: Non-Exempt
REPORTS TO: Front Desk Site Lead
Ensuring the safety and security of the building and its residents by following building policy and procedures. Take direction from Team Leaders and/or supervisors.
1. Monitor traffic through lobby and ensures all guests check in and out, showing proper identification and follow building rules.
2. Accept and account for rental payments.
3. Be alert at all times and log in any occurrence during shift.
4. Follow all procedures in desk manual.
5. Sort and distribute mail in a timely manner.
6. Conduct periodic inspections of common areas of the building.
7. Report any hazardous conditions or emergency situations to management, follow safety precautions, and log in book.
8. Must obtain coverage for vacation and sick time by contacting other desk staff to ensure shifts are covered adequately. Responsible for desk coverage until replacement arrives.
9. Attend all required meetings and court appearances.
10. Contact assistant manager directly a minimum of four hours prior to shift if you are unable to report to work.
11. Maintain neat and clean appearance of lobby. (Business casual attire)
12. Keep maintenance work order requests in maintenance system and report emergency requests to Maintenance Department.
13. Must report to work in a timely manner. This position requires travel and coverage for and between multiple buildings. Must have adequate transportation to work any shift at any location in the on-call, sick, vacation coverage.
14. At no time will this position cover more than 2 consecutive shifts within a 24 hour period,
15. Must be able to communicate effectively with residents and staff members.
16. "Time Away From Work" requests must be submitted two weeks prior to the time off request and authorized by your direct supervisor in accordance with all other NCR HR policies.
17. Will not become personally involved with residents or direct staff in or outside of the work place, (i.e. physically, emotionally, financially, etc.) A single violation is grounds for immediate termination of employment.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in the job. They are not intended to be 100% exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed, additional responsibilities may be assigned as required, by management.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
1. To have an understanding, appreciation and commitment to the mission and philosophy of NCR and the Supportive Housing Division..
2. Excellent customer service, multi-task and detail oriented, and ability to follow directions and all procedures in front desk manual.
3. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
4. Basic math and analytic skills.
5. Strong organizational skills
6. To be skilled in conflict mediation and negotiation.
7. To be able to demonstrate clear, professional boundaries.
8. Ability to work in a team environment.
9. Ability to act in a professional manner.
10. Understanding of low income and homeless individuals and their specific needs.
11. Knowledge about crisis prevention, intervention and resolution techniques and ability to match such techniques to particular circumstances and individuals.
12. Acknowledges and agrees to a straight 8 hour shift with access to kitchen and restroom
Job Requirements (Education, Training, Work Experience):
* Must have at least 1 year of current work
* High School Degree or GED
Desk Clerk Standards:
1. Monitor traffic through lobby by ensuring that all guests check in and out.
2. Monitor traffic by ensuring that all guests provide proper identification and that he/she follows all guest policies and building rules while in the building (verified by guest log and overnight sheet).
3. Be alert at all times (verified by a hourly documentation in log) and log all occurrences during shift.
4. Be at work on time with no more than 5-minute grace period.
Customer Service Standards:
1. Answer phone; 1 -3 rings. "Thank you for calling - How may I direct your call?"
2. Take phone messages which include: (STAFF ONLY)
* The name of the person who the message is for
* The message
* The name of the person who is leaving the message
* The time
* The date
* The initials
3. Buzz in all residents/visitors/staff within 1-3 seconds.
4. Sort mail and place in appropriate boxes within 20-45 minutes of receipt
5. With all interactions, Desk Clerks will say please, thank-you, let me find out for you, or ask if they may help in directing them to the appropriate person.
At National Church Residences, our mission is to support the health and safety of our employees and the seniors we serve. As a result, offers to successful applicants will be contingent upon compliance with National Church Residences' COVID-19 Vaccine Policy. Prior to their anticipated start date, successful applicants must provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, or alternatively, secure an approved accommodation because of a disability (as defined by the ADA) or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance (as defined by Title VII).
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.