Title: Hospice Aide Job Code: 00503OH
Division: Senior Living
Status: Non-exempt Reports to: RN Case Manager Revision date: March 2019 Supervises: n/a
PURPOSE According to prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable state, federal and accreditation regulations and under the general supervision of the RN Case Manager performs various services for a client as necessary to meet the client's personal needs and to promote comfort.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Responsible for performing and documenting all duties assigned by the RN Case Manager. Observes records and reports the client's care, symptoms, emotional and physical status.
* Provides caring, compassionate support to client, family members and/or caregivers. In addition, provides personal care including bathing, back rubs, oral hygiene, hair care, skin care, assisting client with dressing and undressing and assisting the patient with toileting activities.
* Processes client's laundry, as appropriate, changing bed linen and keeping client's living area clean and orderly, as appropriate.
* Plans and prepares nutritious meals and assists in feeding the client, if necessary.
* Takes vital signs when ordered.
* Assists in ambulation and transfers as appropriate to plan of care.
* Performs range of motion and other simple procedures as an extension of therapy service as ordered.
* Meets safety needs of clients and uses equipment safely and properly.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Attends and participates in regularly scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings to coordinate care plans, follow up on changes and other communication, problem-solve, receive staff support and in-service education.
EXPECTATIONS * Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or GED. STNA strongly preferred. Home Health Aide Certification training.
Experience: Minimum of 12 months as an aide in a facility or home health/hospice agency or acute care setting. Hospice experience preferred.
Travel: Frequent, necessary on a daily basis 100%. Must have a valid driver's license, automobile insurance and qualified to driver under the organization's motor vehicle check.
Mental: Must have good verbal and written communication, comprehension, computer and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 45-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous (C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing S = Stooping Lifting/Carrying: S = 10 - 25 lbs S = Standing S = Pushing F = 26 - 50 lbs R = Sitting S = Pulling F = 51 - 75 lbs F = Walking F = Driving S = 76 plus lbs
Consequences of Errors: Some monetary responsibility
Supervision Received: Moderate supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt and/or as scheduled.
Working Conditions: Due to visiting clients in homes/facilities, exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive clients.
I hereby understand and agree to the above description of the duties required.
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.