Information about #29852 Cost Engineering Analyst III
Work Location: Mostly Remote - the selected candidate can work remotely with the expectation that they will maintain Eastern standard time core business hours
GOJO Industries, inventor of PURELL branded well-being solutions, is the global leader in Healthy Skin and Healthy Places. We use the best science available to create breakthroughs that result in healthier people and environments.
Our 75-year success as a Family Enterprise is propelled by our collaborative culture of Purpose-driven colleagues. We work in ways that nourish our growth and build flourishing teams. We care about each other, and embody the health and well-being we bring to the world.
The opportunities we have to make a difference in people's lives drive us. If this inspires you, please join us at GOJO.
Provide "Should Cost" component, material, formula, and process cost estimates to help drive sound product development, sourcing, operational, and financial decision making. Support Product Management and Global Sourcing teams on new product development projects of increased complexity. Act as the finance lead for various cost and complexity reduction initiatives and with experience becoming a Finance Product Category subject matter expert.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
* Leads Should Cost process by building modeling, trending analysis, forecasting and other analytical functions for new projects and products. Growth steps include deeper full system thinking and enterprise strategies in mind
* Provides component, material, formula, and process cost estimates to R&D, Global Sourcing, Finance, pricing, and Supply Chain teams
* Represent the Cost Engineering team on new product development and cost savings teams of medium complexity. Project representation will include more complex and cross-functional projects progressively
* Attend and present cost assumptions for relevant projects to senior leaders in Stage Gate
* Lead their respective product category during the standards process.
* Finance representative on cost and complexity product subteams which includes leading the financial scoping of individual projects.
* Ad hoc costing and data analysis projects as needed. What-if scenario analysis will be used for projecting the impact of various business strategies and market conditions and providing actionable data to the business. Experienced Sr. CE Analysts will also provide and drive ideas and opportunities that have cross-functional or enterprise wide impacts
* Projects will be of increasing complexity until the individual becomes a Finance Product Category subject matter expert
* Will assist and lead process improvement initiatives from incremental to transformational
* Progression in role competencies include driving for results, cost and complexity reduction innovation, leading cross-funtional teams, mentoring team members (summer students and interns included)
Education and Experience
BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or Engineering. MBA or equivalent in Finance or other Business discipline.
Minimum five years of cost estimating, cost accounting, financial modeling, or cost engineering experience.
Familiarity with Injection Molding, Blow Molding, Extrusion, Electronics, Assembly, Metal Fabrication, and other manufacturing processes a plus.
Previous project-based leadership experience also a plus.
Mostly Virtual - Less than 10% on-site work
Overnight Travel - sporadic - required.
Travel between campus locations in Northeast Ohio as needed
To apply for this position, please complete the online application process. You will have an opportunity to include your resume and a cover letter.
Recruiters, Search Agencies or others referring candidates to GOJO Industries, Inc. without written authorization from GOJO Industries, Inc. Human Resources will not be compensated in any way for their online referral even if GOJO Industries, Inc. hires the candidate. GOJO does not seek or respond to unsolicited resumes for positions that are not listed in the Careers section.
GOJO is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the United States.