What you’ll do…
You’ll be an integral part of showcasing our passion and pride and delivering on our purpose—to provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere.
Joining H&R Block as a seasonal Receptionist means you’ll relentlessly focus on how to wow clients. You’ll have the ability to work a flexible schedule in multiple, fast-paced locations during the tax season from January to April.
If the typical year-round 9–5 isn’t for you, this seasonal position provides the freedom, flexibility, and extra earnings you’ll need to embrace what makes your life uniquely yours.
Day to day, you’ll…
- Answer phones and greet clients in a personalized, friendly, and inviting manner
- Match clients with the best-suited tax professional for their needs
- Schedule clients how they would like to be scheduled
- Handle client exits by ensuring all current and future needs are met
- Maintain office cleanliness and organization of resources with team members
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring to the team…
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Previous experience in a customer service environment
It would be even better if you also had…
- Sales and/or marketing experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Knowledge of cash register operations
- Knowledge and experience with a Windows based computer system
Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply!
Being here has its benefits. Our benefit offerings can help you plan for the health, well-being and financial wellness needs for you and your family. At Block, seasonal associate benefits include:
- Medical coverage
- Retirement savings plans
- Tax prep benefit
- Other perks like free coffee, flexible hours, collaborative teams and much more!
Successful candidates may be able to participate in one or more incentive compensation or short-term incentive plans, which could generate additional earnings in accordance with the terms of each plan. Qualifying associates can enroll themselves and/or their eligible dependents in medical and prescription drug coverage; can participate in the H&R Block Retirement Savings Plan (401(k) Plan), the Employee Assistance Program, (virtual) fitness center programs, and the associate discount program; are automatically enrolled in Business Travel Accident Insurance; and receive Associate Tax Prep benefit.
About H&R Block...
H&R Block’s purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We’ve been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we’ve grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it’s how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it’s all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.