Service Line Administrator - Neonatology
The Service Line Administrator plans, implements and evaluates the education, supervisory, professional development, quality improvement, direct care and research activities for the Neonatal Outpatient Services, which includes two operational clinics: BPD Clinic and Early Development Clinic, the Neonatal Business Office, and Neonatal Data Team. Develops the capital and operational budget for assigned departments; is wholly responsible and accountable for achieving budgeted standards; monitors and reports on budget activity. Guides the team to collaborate with the interdisciplinary healthcare professionals of the neonatal inpatient and outpatient services. Provides leadership through effective communication, teambuilding, strategy development, goal setting, prioritization, mentoring and a positive work environment.
The Service Line Administrator will assist in the coordination and support for neonatal service line departments and assure these services are provided in a fiscally effective manner. The Service Line Administrator will be responsible for budgeting and financial management, planning, and marketing of designated departments, and will work with the Vice President of Neonatal Services to develop budgets for both inpatient and outpatient neonatal programs. Supports administration and the Chief of Neonatology to assure operations in Neonatology Service Line are consistent with Nationwide Children's Hospital's mission, vision, goals and objectives.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you feel it. When you meet our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it. Welcome to Nationwide Children's Hospital, Where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are integrated into our core values and practices. We are passionate about building, sustaining and evolving an inclusive and equitable environment. We are seeking individuals who live these values and want to share their experiences and efforts in support of our collective mission.
We're 14,000 strong. And it takes every one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids around the world we'll never meet. Kids who live healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children's badge what they do for a living. They'll tell you it's More Than a Job. It's a calling. It's a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children's Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
The Service Line Administrator supports, communicates, implements and enforces the philosophy, mission, values, standards, policies and procedures of Nationwide Children's Hospital and the Neonatal Service Line.
1. Interviews, hires, mentors, evaluates, counsels, and when necessary, discharges subordinate supervisory personnel.
2. Manages day-to-day operations and staff of the (a) outpatient clinics (both BPD and Neo/Developmental), (b) develops off-site/regional clinics; and (c) Neonatology Data Group/Dept
(i) is accountable and responsible for developing and meeting budgeted expectations (financial, quality of care, human resources, customer satisfaction) and the operation of the Neo O/P clinics (staffing, physician relations, planning, growth and development)
(ii) is accountable for staff-role of business analysis, planning, budgeting for neonatal business operations.
(iii) fully accountable for meeting balanced scorecard expectations
3. Works closely with Chief, other managers and administrators, to develop and implement applicable business
4. Assists the Chief in physician recruitment, physician compensation, and establishing annual performance
metrics for research, clinical, financial, service, and similar metrics.
5. Manages Telemedicine Program for Neonatology: ensures compliance with Program, works with internal (NCH Departments; Physicians, Education Institute Staff, etc) and external (other hospitals, their physicians, administrators, clinical and non-clinical staff);
6. Oversees the delivery of patient care by all employees within the section/department and assigned areas.
7. Develops and implements a program plan to meet the Nationwide Children's Hospital strategic plan for Neonatal Services Section priorities for departments and areas of assigned responsibility;
8. Develops operational and capital budgets for assigned departments and provides support to vice president and service line administrator for service line operational and capital budgeting.
9. Monitors, evaluates and justifies monthly budget expenditures and revenue in assigned areas.
10. Schedules resources to provide patient care and achieve program goals in a cost effective manner.
11. Develops program policies and procedure in accordance with evidence based practice standards and Nationwide Children's Hospital policies, procedures, values and principles.
12. Ensures the orientation of staff to role functions, competencies and program standards.
13. Guides staff in the identification of their own learning needs and professional development.
14. Coordinates staff representation on program, departmental, hospital, community, regional and national committees, quality teams and advisory groups. Serves as a representative when appropriate.
15. Initiates, promotes and stimulates the continuous performance improvement process to improve clinical, service, administrative, educational, and customer service outcomes
16. Promotes teamwork by building a team environment and fostering interdisciplinary collaboration17. Shares in responsibility for assuring that assigned departments/programs are compliant with all accrediting bodies such as JCAHO and ODH, that appropriate quality assurance programs are in place, and that departments/programs are in compliance with the Hospital Corporate Integrity Program.
17. Identifies and supports research opportunities.
18. Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Practice Plan Administrator Neonatology Service Line
Supervises: Manages and supervises all clinical heads, management, and administrative personnel under his/her organizational control.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
Requires a level of knowledge equivalent to what is typically obtained by completing a master's degree program in nursing, hospital administration, business administration or closely related field.
1. Between seven and ten years of progressive experience including opportunities to demonstrate substantial understanding of healthcare administration, patient care delivery, and application of sound management principles and practices.
2. Previous management or leadership experience in a complex setting preferably.
3. Experience in physician practice management is highly desirable.
4. Previous experience in a pediatric or child health related area desirable.
1. Flexible and innovative thinker with demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
2. Ability to work effectively in a matrix management reporting model/ environment.
3. Highly collaborative work style.
4. Interpersonal skills needed for counseling subordinate supervisors and resolving complex employee and multisystem problems.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Must be able to see, hear, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without
accommodation and care for oneself with little or no difficulty. Performance of principal
duties and responsibilities will require the ability to travel.
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.