The FS brand represents a standard of excellence for agricultural and energy-related products. It's the people who represent the FS brand that set it apart. As local cooperatives, FS Companies believe it is their responsibility to ensure that our earth, our communities, and businesses perform together, sustainably.FS Companies are committed to ensuring the continued profitability for the company, their owners, and their customers, while enacting to help the environment and greater good.
PURPOSE AND SUMMARY STATEMENT
Serves as the Grain Division intern who will learn and assist with general operations and some grain marketing functions to better understand the grain industry and prepare for their future agricultural career.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Hands-on experience in daily grain elevator operations
* Help with grain grading, testing and conditioning
* Assist with handling inbound and outbound grain via truck and railcar
* Complete a research/development project for the Grain Division
* Visit FS locations and customers building professional relationships
* Introduction to grain marketing and merchandising
* Communicate with and provide customer service for member-owners
* Perform other related duties as assigned
* Introduction period to agronomy operations
* Pursuing a degree or certification from a community college, technical college or university and in good academic standing at time the internship begins
* Ability to work independently and with a team
* Demonstrates essential abilities including communication, customer service, and willing to learn new skills
* Must have and maintain a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
* Must be able to travel independently and overnight when necessary
* Required to lift 50-70 pounds as needed and a full range of body motion including bending, squatting and twisting
* Frequently exposed and required to work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, wet, etc.), as well as working at various heights or elevated platforms
* Standard work week is Monday-Friday, however the business needs during this time may dictate exceptions to the standard including evening overtime, holidays (Memorial Day and July 4th) and weekends
* Follow GROWMARK and Legacy's Code of Conduct and Corporate Compliance Program, Environmental Health and Safety, OSHA and DOT policies and procedures, as they apply
* Ability and willingness to participate in required training that includes GROWMARK's/Legacy's policies and procedures, as well as required safety trainings from OSHA and the hiring location
FS. Bringing You What's Next.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.