Job Title: Professional Lawn Care Technician - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, Ohio 44707
Number of Openings: 1
APPLY Online to The Grounds Guys of Canton:
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer
The Grounds Guys began with a single vision shared between 10 brothers. Originally, we opened our doors as Sunshine Grounds Care in 1987. As time passed and more brothers joined in the project, it became a widely recognized brand built on the principles of excellent workmanship, customer satisfaction, and real care. We abide by the simple values outlined in our company acronym "C.A.R.E.", which are: Customers first, Attitude, Respect, and Enjoy life in the process!
Dan and Jamie Dycus are the proud owners of the Grounds Guys of Canton. They started their company in 2003 with a little red truck in a single car garage and are consistently looking for ways to improve their customers’ experiences. Those improvements begin with a professional team that works together with the same mission in mind.
As a Professional Lawn Care Technician of the Ground Guys Landscape and Maintenance Teams, you perform landscape maintenance and design at high levels of quality and service. Exemplifying our code of values, you show respect and courtesy to all customers and employees while affectively managing your project.
This position requires someone who is professional while in company uniform and trucks, and while they are on the clients’ properties. You are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and can clearly communicate to your coworkers, managers, and our clients.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and perform labor-based tasks
- At least two years’ experience within the Landscape Industry
- Effective and clear communication skills in management and customer service
- Professional mannerisms while on jobs, in uniform, and in company trucks
- Smart Phone and email access are required for leadership positions
- Driver’s License with a clean record to be an insured driver A BIG PLUS!
- Pesticide License Preferred (or willingness to get licensed)
Specific Responsibilities for Professional Lawn Technician:
- Performs & manages variety of Lawn Care services such as but not limited to; Turf Care Applications, Aerations, Assess Client Properties,
- Manages multiple routes such as Fertilization Program and Aerations
- Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including, but not limited to; Steel Green, Aerator, MulchMate
- Performs follow up visits for maintenance and enhancement teams as necessary
- Responsible for equipment maintenance, inventory of truck, trailer, and warehouse and reporting necessary repairs and supplies needed to ensure sufficient resources are available
- Performs other duties as required
- Monday – Friday (Occasional Saturday with prior notice)
- Weekly Pay (Paid Overtime by request)
- Holiday Pay
- Educational & Training Opportunities
- Multiple Company-Hosted Events Per Year
Wage: Weekly Pay /Starting Wage $18.00
Details: Full Time / 1ST Shift / Monday-Friday / Limited Saturdays
Pre-employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Driving Record Check, and Drug Testing
OMJ Contact: RC3