Job Title: Traffic Control Flaggers - OMJST
Worksite Location: Canton, Massillon, Alliance, New Philadelphia, Mansfield, Wooster, Green, Akron, Barberton, Wadsworth, OH (and any areas in between)
Number of Openings: Multiple
How to Apply:
APPLY DIRECT to Area Wide Protective using the following information:
Call (330) 617-8986
Email Carol Waiters at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply online at: www.awptrafficsafety.com
Please mention OhioMeansJobs Stark or Tuscarawas when applying to this employer.
Job Description: Area Wide Protective, located in North Canton, OH, has multiple Traffic Control Flagger openings. Training will be held in North Canton, OH.
$2,500 Sign-On Bonus!
(Driver’s license required, pre-employment drug screening required)
BE A HERO IN A HARD HAT
AWP is North America’s leading traffic control specialist. Our Protectors work outside every day to make sure customer crews, drivers and our teams get home safely.
JOIN US IF YOU:
- Like working outside
- Work hard and are dependable
- Want every day to be different
- Enjoy being in control and independent
- Are interested in turning a job into a career without going to college
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Set up safe work zones with proper equipment
- Communicate with your partner to keep everyone safe
- Control traffic flow with stop/slow paddles
- Provide outstanding service and protection to customers
Requirements: Valid driver’s license, comfortable standing 8-12 hours a day, lifting 50-60 lbs., working in all types of weather and working in traffic. Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including a drug test.
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- Competitive pay starts between $15.00-$16.00 an hour
- Overtime opportunities
- $2,500 sign-on bonus
- Guaranteed pay increases within your first year
- Safety bonuses
- $250 referral incentives
- Paid time off
- Access to daily pay: Make any day payday!
- Paid, on-the-job training: ATSSA certification, defensive driver training and handling emergencies
- Quick promotion for Protectors interested in doing more – you can become a Senior Protector, Lead Protector, Project Manager, or Manager with no college degree required
- Three medical plan options through Anthem
- Dental: choice of two dental plans
- Vision plan
- Company provided Life/AD&D benefit of $50,000
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability available
- Voluntary Life for yourself, spouse and dependents available
- Accident and Critical Illness coverage available
- 401(k) for all team members after 90 days – Note: Union team members are not eligible for 401(k) participation.
- Pay rates and safety bonuses increase the longer you stay and the more promotions you receive with AWP. We reward hard work and loyalty.
*Must have worked 1,560 hours for the year to qualify for benefits*
AWP is a Fair Chance Employer and will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories. All positions require the completion of a pre-employment background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment.
AWP is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Details: Part time. 1st Shift. (Start times - between 5:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.; variable end times.) 20 to 40+ hours/week. Monday through Saturday. $15.00/hour.
Driver’s License Requirement(s): Must Have Valid Driver’s License.
Pre-Employment Testing: Criminal Background Check, Driving Record Check, Drug Testing.
OMJ Staff Contact: RC2