Banking & Merchant Administrative Associate
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors >
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation's best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls "the most ambitious campus design program in the country."
With the launch ofNext Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC's momentum has never been stronger. UC's annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
Plans and executes activities related to merchant card banking, PCI compliance, banking operations support and general treasury administration and support.
* Assists in determining PCI compliance protocols and effective training and compliance initiatives for the university.
* Responsible for communication and coordination between external vendors, 130 plus merchants, and IT support staff in identifying and executing compliance and efficiency initiatives, developing ongoing training protocols, and successful problem resolution related to merchant administration management, credit card transaction processing, reporting and compliance.
* Reviews and documents treasury procedures and practices, identifying problems and recommending solutions to improve efficiency.
* Provides administrative support when required, including but not limited to coordination of personnel staffing and equipment and meeting requirements.
* Serves as the arbitrator in portal problem resolution between Merchant Administrators, staff, and vendors
* Develops and communicates design change requirements and updates compliance requirements to Merchants and portal developers.
* Performs daily cash management activities at least once per month or as may otherwise directed by the Assistant Treasurer.
* Supports other treasury activities and functions.
* Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
Five(5) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
One (1) years of related work experience.
Demonstrated in depth knowledge of PCI and credit card industry requirements.
Experience developing, measuring, and reporting on PCI compliance and conformance attributes.
Demonstrated capability and thorough understanding of treasury portal design, operations, and management.
Additional Qualifications Considered
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with diverse target audiences.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Adobe Acrobat experience.
Demonstrated ability to lead special projects and coordinate work teams
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Banking & Merchant Administrative Associate
Sep 29, 2022
Cincinnati, OH, US
Nearest Major Market: Cincinnati
Administrative Assistant, Medicare, Bank, Banking, Administrative, Research, Healthcare, Finance
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.