Requisition Number: 90511
**Overtime is mandatory during high volume business periods.
Light Industrial/Warehouse environment.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB
The Services Technician performs configuration, modification, repair, testing and/or servicing on IT devices, including, but not limited to: hardware and peripherals and software configuration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions of the Job:
* Configure hardware including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, servers.
* Deploy images and customize software based on provided work instructions.
* Identify and troubleshoot system hardware problems.
* Perform Quality Control inspections.
* Provide Labs Management with reports that include daily and/or weekly productivity.
* Time management skills to ensure the efficient utilization of Insight resources including parts, tools, inventory, own time, etc.
* Ability to navigate through SAP and Excel software used for order processing.
* Maintain and protect Insight assets and property, including spare parts, client-supplied product, loaners, tools, test equipment, etc.
* Escalate problems and issue to Lab Management as appropriate. This includes, but is not limited to, problems exceeding commitments with regard to response time, lack of spare parts, training, or any other actual or potential client satisfaction issues.
* Represent Insight in a professional and business-like manner and communicates effectively with Insight's associates and their client's.
* Complete all required documentation involved within a project to ensure accurate billing with respect to warranty or contract. This includes getting all required information to the Lab management immediately.
* Maintain efficient utilization of space in the lab.
* Assist other team members on projects as assigned.
* Ability to use a pallet jack is required for this position.
* For National Repair Center assignments: Performs necessary hardware and peripheral repairs. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying the problem and determining the most efficient and cost-effective way to resolve the problem, keeping customer downtime to a minimum.
* Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year College or university or 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. PC's, messaging and server software applications experience required. LAN/WAN, and ability to automate tasks using basic scripting techniques a plus.
* Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, vendor diagnostics, imaging software such as Ghost, MDT, or SCCM.
* Minimum of one year hardware troubleshooting experience, which needs to include laptops and desktop for Tier One vendors.
* Should also be familiar with vendor web sites in order to find hardware updates, driver updates, and engineering changes) as well as on multiple Tier One products (IBM, Compaq, HP, Toshiba).
* A+ certification and at least one vendor hardware certification required. Minimum of one (1) year bench and/or on-site service technical experience.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes:Lewis Center||Ohio (US-OH)||United States (US)||None|| None||US - Lewis Center, OH||
Insight is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law