The Executive Chef of Sawmill Creek Resort functions as the primary culinary leader for all Food and Beverage operations at the resort. Key responsibilities include safety, product selection, menu development, recipe development, setting production levels, and maintaining food quality that exceeds both industry standards and guests expectations for Sawmill Creek's Food & Beverage operations. They are also responsible for building and promoting a culture of inclusivity, fairness, and trust within their team. The position includes culinary oversight of all Food and Beverage locations including two full-service restaurants, a buffet restaurant, a quick service restaurant, two satellite bars, room service and all banquet food services within the 35,000 feet of convention/meeting space.
* Provide an industry leading culinary experience for the clientele and patrons of Sawmill Creek Resort.
* Oversee the execution of food production for all business units contributing to the overall production of positive, measurable results.
* Oversee the development and implementation of menus, recipes, production procedures.
* Oversees that correct production levels are maintained.
* Responsible for ensuring that on-hand product levels are maintained appropriately, contributing to the overall success related to costs.
* Ensures that all local, state, and federal regulations for food service operations are effectively carried out in all kitchen facilities. Pass and/or take corrective action for all inspections and audits performed by local health authorities and other outside entities.
* Responsible for ensuring that all kitchen staff are following approved specifications for recipes, production, purchasing of products and equipment, training, and all other procedures.
* Oversee and ensure the development of a cohesive culinary leadership team.
* Develop and promote a training program that indoctrinates members of management in adhering to company policies and procedures while setting the highest level of performance expectations.
* Ensure all employees are certified in ServSafe Food Handling procedures.
* Supervise and evaluate the performance for Executive Sous Chef, Sous Chefs and Kitchen managers and their respective locations. Develop and set goals for the locations and the individual managers.
* Develop menus for all food and beverage business units in collaboration with the Director of Food & Beverage.
* Bachelor's Degree in Culinary Arts
* ServSafe Manager
* ServSafe Alcohol
* Minimum of 10 Years Food & Beverage Industry Related Experience.
* Minimum of 5 Years Executive Chef Experience.
* Ability to work nights, weekends, and holiday periods to meet business needs.
* Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
* Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Cedar Fair Entertainment Company is an equal opportunity employer. A work permit may be required for associates under the age of 18. Applicants must be legally eligible for employment in the United States and in accordance with state laws. Cedar Fair also conducts background checks on all applicants 18 years of age and older.