Neighborhood Health Association (NHA), a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC), is the largest community health center system in Northwest Ohio with partnerships that include ProMedica, Mercy Health, and University of Toledo Medical Center. NHA has grown from a single location in 1969 to 12 medical and dental clinics throughout Lucas County. Today we operate multiple health centers including pediatrics, adult medicine, dental services, health care for the homeless, women’s health center, senior centers, and a full-service pharmacy with lab services on site.
Responsible for providing excellent customer service in delivering education, outreach and in-person assistance to patients to obtain Medicaid and/or other health coverage and benefits. Identify patient needs, screens for eligibility and provides assistance in obtaining resources through application process. Coordinates with team members to provide complete and positive services for the patients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with patients to identify relevant financial assistance resources and or payor sources. May provide assistance at various locations, including NHA clinic locations and community events.
- Screens patients/clients for eligibility for entitlement programs and assists patients/clients in completing necessary applications to obtain the resources
- Qualify applicable patients/clients for the appropriate health benefits. Ensures forms are fully completed and submitted in a timely manner and information is accurately entered into Patient Management System
- Coordinates the provision of services provided to the patient/client including scheduling appointments in the Patient Management System
- Call uninsured or underinsured patients who may qualify for health benefits to discuss possible benefit options and to offer assistance where needed.
- A high school diploma or equivalent, bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Minimum 2 years of working with health insurance products, including Medicaid enrollment
- Knowledge of current public coverage programs, including extensive knowledge of Medicaid
- Ability to communicate effectively written and verbally, face-to-face and over the phone
- A valid Ohio Driver’s License and auto insurance with an acceptable driving record. Reliable transportation and willingness to travel throughout Lucas County
- Knowledge of basic computer programs (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to work closely and effectively as a team player with NHA staff, community leaders, and health professionals
- Be required to keep up to date on any changes regarding Medicaid applications
- Possess a strong desire to carry out and promote the mission and vision of Neighborhood Health Association
Full-time Monday – Friday, no evenings, weekends, or holidays.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, a matching retirement plan, Employee Assistance Program, 11 paid holidays and generous PTO.
Please provide your salary requirements when you apply to be considered for an interview for this position.
For more than 50 years, NHA has placed a strong focus on prevention and empowering individual responsibility in managing their health care and overall well-being. Our services are acutely responsive to the needs of everyone throughout the communities we serve, providing excellent care and the best health practices.
Our Mission: Through our exceptional health care services, we empower and educate, aggressively working to eliminate health care inequities, while supporting personal responsibility for one’s own health regardless of the ability to pay.
We are a drug free workplace, and an Equal Opportunity Employer