The Electrician is responsible for the planning, development, installation, connection, testing, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of plant equipment and electrical systems. The electricians must be able to work in a variety of environments, problem-solve, and use tools and equipment appropriate for each job. Work will vary day-to-day depending upon the needs of the plant to maintain efficient operations. The electrician must be self-motivated, able to complete jobs in a timely and safe manner and must be able to work productively with other employees.
**This position is eligible for a $5,000 sign-on bonus**
• Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility equipment and electrical systems and write work orders for follow-up in computer
• Install facility equipment and electrical systems as needed
• Troubleshoot and repair facility equipment and electrical systems
• Write and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and Job Safety Analysis (JSAs).
• Complete daily maintenance and repair logs
• Communicate with operators, supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems and repair equipment and electrical systems
• Orders parts as needed
• Maintain and secure work tools
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area
• Perform all duties in accordance with safety policies and procedures in a manner that will least interfere with production operations and that maintains product / ingredient quality
• Other duties as assigned
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals required.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence required.
• Ability to write simple correspondence required.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization required.
• Ability to apply understand and carry out detailed written or oral instructions required.
• Manual dexterity required to operate machinery and computers.
• Ability to diagnose electrical problems and make repairs.
• Knowledge of standard materials, tools and equipment, and skill in the use and care of tools preferred.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret miscellaneous drawings and schematics preferred.
• Ability to start on 2nd or 3rd shift is required. Must be willing to work all shifts, extended hours, weekends, and holidays as needed.