Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Employment Type:Full Time/Salaried/Exempt
Hours Per Week:40
Security Clearance:Ability to Obtain
Level of Experience:Mid
Huntington Ingalls Industries, Mission Technologies (HII-MT)is currently seeking a Systems Administrator. The ideal candidate works well in an agile, fast moving culture and has a fundamental passion and curiosity to learn.
Essential Job Responsibilities
In this position, you will:
* Maintain development systems (i.e. security patches, kernel updates, OS updates).
* Use procedures to perform identification, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of hardware failures and restore system capability to operations.
* Provide administrator support (User creation/deletion, security group management, storage media permissions, shared resources configuration).
* Manage transferring of data between networks as needed
* Purchase and configure PCs for new personnel.
* Purchase and maintain printer toner inventory, replacing cartridges when needed.
* Maintain system documentation and inventory database.
* Perform other infrastructure maintenance tasks as required.
* Knowledge of Active Directory, Windows OS, Windows Server OS
* Basic understanding of OSI networking model
Current CompTIA Security+ ce Certification preferred at time of hire ORability to obtain within 6 months of hire date
3 years relevant experience with Bachelors in related field; 1 year relevant experience with Masters in related field; or High School Diploma or equivalent and 7 years relevant experience.
* Experience configuring and managing VPN connections to remote sites.
* Other IT/technical certifications than listed above.
* Experience working in classified environments.
* Experience working with NIPR, SIPR, other DoD networks.
* Experience with different databases, including working knowledge of SQL, relational data stores.
* Experience with Linux OS.
This opportunity resides with Cyber & Electronic Warfare, a business group within Mission Technologies, a division of Huntington Ingalls Industries. HII works within our nation's intelligence and cyber operations communities to defend our interests in cyberspace. Our deep expertise in network architecture, software and hardware development, cybersecurity and the electromagnetic environment uniquely enables us to support sensitive missions for federal agency partners.
HII is a global engineering and defense technologies provider. With a 135-year history of trusted partnerships in advancing U.S. national security, HII delivers critical capabilities ranging from the most powerful and survivable naval ships ever built, to unmanned systems, ISR and AI/ML analytics. HII leads the industry in mission-driven solutions that support and enable a networked, all-domain force. Headquartered in Virginia, HII's skilled workforce is 44,000 strong. For more information, please visit: .
Huntington Ingalls Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Vets and Disabled Employer. U.S. Citizenship may be required for certain positions.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information