On behalf of a local manufacturing company, in the Akron area, OhioMeansJobs Summit County is recruiting for a Repair Department Area Lead.
A global leader in the development, manufacture and sale of consumables and small-size equipment for dental treatment applications. The Dental Group offers a wide range of products, encompassing six segments – solutions for almost all dental treatments.
- Assist and monitor employees in job performance, answer questions, and provide input to supervisor.
- Set good examples for quality, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism and display a positive attitude.
- Consistently apply the Quality System procedures and enforce company policies and safety regulations and complete all documentation as required by department work instructions.
- Make decisions and accept responsibility on operations related to assigned area.
- Promote teamwork within the department.
- Work closely with customer service to react to complaints and customer requests.
- Communicate any and all issues to immediate supervisor.
- Ensures repair related paperwork is processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure preventive maintenance is performed on equipment and documented as required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, dismantle defective equipment and install new and/or repaired parts on all devices for the Dental Industry, such as Ultra Sonic Cleaners, Sterilizing Cleaners & Ovens, High Frequency Electro Surgical Devices, Ultrasonic Scaler’s, LED Curing Lights, and other various Electro Mechanical devices.
- Diagnose failure modes using various electrical meter, scopes, high voltage leak detection equipment, and water flow rate measuring devices.
- Phone support to field technicians and sales representatives in the field for all of the above devices.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Associate’s degree (A. A,) / Electrical Engineering (EET) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, six months to one-year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers, sales reps and employees
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to perform all jobs in assigned area
- Good time management & organizational skills
- Knowledge of computer programs ( i.e. Excel, Word)
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work with SAP
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to motivate and lead staff to meet production goals