OhioMeansJobs Lake County is assisting a Chardon area employer in their recruiting efforts for the following positions:
Location: Chardon, OH
Position ID: 44072515
Job Type: Full-Time
Wage: $16.00-$20.00 an hour
Shifts: 1st & 2nd available
Full-Time Employee Benefits:Group Health Insurance, Competitive Salary, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401K Retirement Plan with employer matching
A premier firearms manufacturer providing sales, service, and support for retail, law enforcement, domestic and foreign government agencies. Since its founding in 1981, has been focused on the customer, fulfilling requirements with quality product in a timely manner. Embraces the importance of history, using lessons learned from the past and applying them towards our innovations in design and manufacturing. A fully licensed new production manufacturer of post sample machine guns as well as its own commercial line of firearms. To further aid our customers provides full training services, spare parts, and ancillary items. Also renowned for its repair and refurbishment of antique and collectible machine guns and other firearms.
We are looking for full-time, Day and Night shift (with night shift premium), career-minded, experienced machinists (Also willing to train) with a broad aptitude in the industry. We will offer training on our specific materials/equipment and provide additional training as appropriate, to grow the capabilities of our team.
Qualification & Skill Requirements:
- Previous machining experience or willing to train.
- Ability to produce quality, high value, precision parts with CNC Lathe and/or CNC Mill machines. Mills: Mazaks and Mori / Lathes: Doosan, Okuma and Mori
- Read & interpret engineering drawings, including GD&T.
- Perform machine setups with little to no-assistance and familiar with tooling and fixtures.
- Edit programs on machine to maintain tolerances related to material movement and tool wear.
- Knowledge of optimal tool selections, speeds and feed calculations.
- Accurately maintain quality inspection documentation including FAI. Confirm parts are accurate to print with common inspection/measuring tools – calipers, micrometers, height gauge, comparator, CMM, etc.
- Ability to identify problems and/or defects, correct and prevent quality issues.
- Meet productivity & quality objectives. Driven and motivated to improve processes and productivity.
- Perform various other duties according to needs of the department or company.
- Follow safety procedures & company policies. Conscious of maintaining a safe work environment.
- Keep work areas clean and organized. Perform routine machine maintenance and inspections.
General Work Characteristics:
- Works well in a culture of honesty and high integrity.
- Team mentality – works well with others, reliable and takes pride in your work.
- Willingness and desire to listen, learn, cross-train, follow instructions, and support continuous growth for yourself and others.
- High level of precision, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Moderate lifting and physically capable. Usually light lifting, but sometimes up to 50 lbs.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Work is performed in an air conditioned, clean work environment.
Must wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which is required in designated areas.
For immediate consideration, please contact Stacy Pena at 440-350-4210 or email@example.com