OhioMeansJobs Lake County is assisting a local college in the Lake County area with their recruiting efforts for the following position:
Location: Kirtland, OH
Hour: Full-time, 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday
Wage: $17.30-$19.00 an hour
General Description of Position: The recruitment specialist represents in the recruitment of traditional students and adult learners by making formal and informal presentations on and off campus, manages an assigned territory utilizing the College’s CRM and conducts campus tours. Promotes College to external constituents, recruits prospective students, and assists students from the first point of contact to the point of acceptance to Lakeland.
- Serve as a resource, initial point of contact and liaison for prospective students including those interested in pursuing an associate degree or certificate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees; graduate certificates and endorsements; and non-credit professional development courses.
- Respond to all student inquiries, provide appropriate referrals to college or partner representatives, and conduct follow-up activities to encourage them to apply.
- Represent the college at off-campus recruitment activities (e.g., college fairs, recruitment programs, community events, employer visits, etc.), ensuring a ready supply of materials, assembling displays, and promoting the College through effective interpersonal communication.
- Promote the College by visiting 30+ high schools in Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula, and Cuyahoga counties and by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with guidance counselors and other school personnel.
- Meets target recruitment and enrollment goals and responsible for assigned recruitment territory.
- Assist with organizing and implementing on-campus recruitment activities (e.g., college fairs, open house programs, campus visits, high school visitation days, virtual events, online appointments, University Center Nights, etc.).
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the College’s educational programs and services and the general processes for enrollment.
- Conduct online chats with prospective students and/or parents.
- Prepare and deliver formal presentations for visiting groups and conduct individual campus tours.
- Enter data from student inquiries into the prospective student database, process requests for information and make follow-up communications. Utilize CRM Recruit software as one tool to recruit and assist students with the college acceptance process.
- Collaborate with College departments to provide necessary information, follow-up, and customer service for incoming students.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Education/Training and Experience Required/Preferred
- Associate degree in related field and three years’ work experience in a position(s) with responsibility for personal interaction (including formal and informal presentations to prospective customers) and maintaining a computerized database of prospective customers
- Prefer Associate degree with specialization in communication or marketing and work experience in college admissions or recruitment office
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities is acceptable Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment including database software (Microsoft Access and Excel)
- Skill in oral and written communications; listening and conveying information.
- Basic principles of marketing and public speaking
- Ability to work independently and to establish and maintain effective interpersonal working relationships Physical Activity Level
- Medium – Work requires lifting 20 lbs. frequently; 20+ lbs. occasionally and frequently walking or standing for long periods of time
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
For immediate consideration, please contact Stacy Pena at 440-350-4210 or email@example.com
- This is a full-time, continuing status staff position. The work schedule includes 40 hours per week and requires working flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- This position requires the incumbent to have a valid Ohio driver’s license and a driving record which qualifies the driver under the College’s insurance program to travel independently to various locations within the state.
- Compensation for this position is at 06A on the Staff Salary Schedule. The starting salary for this position is $17.30/hour, with non-insurance benefits, including paid time away (vacation, personal, sick and holiday pay) and prorated tuition