Diversified Gas & Oil Corporation (DGOC) is an established owner and operator of producing conventional and unconventional natural gas & oil wells and midstream pipelines and compression stations concentrated in the Appalachian Basin in the United States. Headquartered in Birmingham, AL, our field operations are located throughout the Appalachian Basin in the states of Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. In 2021, Diversified announced our expansion into our Central Regional Focus Area, which includes producing areas within Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas. DGOC’s parent company is Diversified Energy Company PLC.POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Accountant II performs routine accounting and financial close responsibilities for various accounting processes associated with a sub-department within Accounting such as Revenue, Joint Interest Billing, Production Accounting, Financial Reporting, or Corporate Accounting.
Special focus will be placed on:
- Prepares and analyzes routine and recurring transactions to support accounting activities
- Supports the accounting for complex, non-routine transactions
- Gathers and analyzes financial information performance metrics, and other reports within functional area
- Performs the reconciliation and analysis of various accounts
- Applies basic accounting principles and concepts for decision making
- Maintains and adheres to internal control structure
- Reviews, analyzes and ensures transactions comply with regulatory requirements
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to prepare journal entries to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business transactions
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries
- Assists with ad hoc projects as needed
- Participates in department projects; identify and recommend best practices and improvements to processes
- Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed at any time at the discretion of your supervisor, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing
- Conducts research to develop solutions to existing or potential problems
- Provides analysis and support for special projects
- Bachelors degree in Accounting preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-4 years accounting experience required. Oil and gas accounting experience preferred
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Public Accountant candidate a plus
- Experience in the midstream and upstream oil and gas industry is preferred.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Motivated self-starter possessing strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Ability to function independently with minimal direction, as well as in a team environment.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Must take the initiative to meet internal deadlines consistently; demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Must be flexible to grown and expand with company needs.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required; advanced knowledge of
- Excel is strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of accounting software systems is required
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.