*New and increased wage scale with flexible scheduling! RN pay starts at $36/hour with NO experience*
Are you a critical thinker, a skilled communicator, and passionate about caring for residents? Are you seeking career advancement? As a Registered Nurse (RN) at The Laurels of Mt. Vernon, you have the opportunity to use your nursing skills and become a leader.
If you’re going to work every day for a living, make it count for yourself and your family by joining a company with one of the leading employee benefits packages in the long-term health industry.
Laurel Health Care Company offers one of the most extensive health, life and disability insurance, vacation and retirement plan programs in the business. In addition to our attractive programs we also offer:
- Professional development with tuition reimbursement and tuition discounts
- Career ladder programs
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive pay
What you’ll be doing
- Supervise the care/services provided by the LPNs, Certified Nursing Assistants and other team members who care for the residents
- Coordinate the nursing care of residents on the unit assuring all residents are assigned staff capable of providing appropriate care to the resident.
- Provide safe and accurate Medication Related interventions to residents.
- Assess the health of residents and notify the physician of changes in status and promptly implement new orders.
- Develop a plan of care based on assessment, and implementing nursing care.
- Select and institutes appropriate nursing interventions to stabilize a resident’s condition and /or prevent complications.
- Contribute to the resident’s assessment (MDS/CAA’s) and the development of a plan of care.
Education and/or Experience:
- ADN or BSN.
- Demonstrates knowledge of basic nursing practice with an interest in gerontological nursing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Must have a current state license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Current CPR certification.
- or acceptable exemption required.
- Additional certification in nursing specialty desired.
About Laurel Health Care Company
Laurel Health Care Company (The Laurels) is a national provider of skilled nursing, subacute, rehabilitative and assisted living services dedicated to achieving the highest standards of care.
At The Laurels, caring is more than providing excellent medical and guest services. It's also being a companion, and treating each guest with the utmost dignity, respect and compassion. It's what we call "The Laurel Way of Caring", and it comes from within each one of us.
The Laurels was named a Great Place to Work for 2020 based on approximately 3,500 employee surveys that evaluated more than 60 elements of employee experience on the job, including employee pride in community impact, belief that their work makes a difference, and feeling their work has special meaning.