Knox Community Hospital
Acute Rehabilitation Unit
Delivers direct/indirect patient care from adult to geriatric ages. Focuses on the unique needs of the rehab patient while transitioning them from an acute care setting to a community setting. Rehabilitation nurses are part of an interdisciplinary team and coordinate care with therapists, case managers, social workers, and a physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Physician) to assess the unique rehab needs that address deficits, implement a rehab nursing plan of care with comprehensive interventions and develop ongoing caregiver and family education.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses/reassesses patient’s condition based upon observation of patient and interview of patient and/or family, physician’s diagnosis and data, diagnostic results, and relevant data from other healthcare providers. Assessment and reassessment of functional and cognitive deficits as it relates to transition to the community.
- Uses professional knowledge to develop/revise nursing plans of care for assigned patients according to unit guidelines and criteria with expected outcomes. Works with rehab team members to construct, develop, and implement rehabilitation treatment plan and rehabilitation plan of care to address emergent medical issues as well as functional/self-care/cognition deficits.
- Delivers safe rehabilitation nursing interventions in an organized, efficient, and prioritized manner to address identified needs.
- Evaluates/re-evaluates patient’s response to rehab nursing interventions and patient’s progress to expected outcome(s) and community discharges.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with team members, physicians, and other healthcare providers to coordinate the medical and nursing plans of care.
- Accepts delegated responsibilities for functions such as, but not limited to, charge nurse for unit activities on assigned shift.
- Delegates responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- ARU RN- Documents all aspects of patient care, maintains patient records and care plans in a timely manner as appropriate for unit including scoring the CARE tool and providing data for the quality indicators as mandated by CMS.
Please email you resume to OMJKnox@jfs.ohio.gov with the name of the employer and position OR click apply to complete an application.