Rural King Farm and Home Store strives to create a positive and rewarding workplace for our associates. We offer opportunities for growth, competitive benefits, a people first environment, and an opportunity to work alongside dedicated associates who share a passion for providing an exceptional experience and service to our rural communities. Whether you are starting an entry-level position or joining with professional experience, Rural King encourages professional growth and provides the necessary resource to help you succeed and grow with us.
When you join the Rural King team, you become a contributing member in supporting the needs of and making a difference in the lives of those within the people and communities we serve.
How we reward you
401k with a generous 50% match up to first 10% of earnings * Healthcare plans to support your needs * Virtual doctor visits * Access to Centers of Excellence with Barnes Jewish Hospital and Mayo Clinic’s Complex Care Program * 15% Associate Discount * Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar Program (no cost to you!) * Associate Assistance Program * RK Cares Associate Hardship Program * 24/7 Chaplaincy Services
What You’ll do
The purpose of a Firearms Sales Associate is to provide exceptional customer service and expertise in firearms and related accessories. Your in-depth knowledge of firearms regulations, safety practices, and product features will contribute to a positive shopping experience for our customers.
- Greet customers with a warm and friendly demeanor as they enter the department, creating a welcoming atmosphere and setting the tone for a positive shopping experience.
- Engage the customer in meaningful conversations to understand their specific needs, preferences, and budget constraints by utilizing our customer engagement model.
- Provide expert guidance and unbiased product recommendations to customers based on their individual requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations pertaining to firearms sales and transfers.
- Complete all required firearm compliance training and demonstrate an understanding of the Firearms SOP.
- Assist customers in selecting appropriate ammunition, accessories, and related products.
- Maintain an organized and visually appealing firearms display area, ensuring products are accurately labeled and priced.
- Process transactions accurately and efficiently, handling payments and necessary documentation.
- Stay updated on current firearm trends, models, and industry news to provide informed recommendations.
- Actively listen to customer concerns, address any questions or issues promptly, and provide appropriate resolutions or escalate to the supervisor, if required.
- Establish and maintain healthy, long-term relationships with customers to generate repeat business and referrals.
- Demonstrate the features and benefits of the products, conduct product demonstrations, and explain technical specifications, as necessary.
- Utilize upselling and cross-selling techniques to maximize sales and increase the average unit per transaction.
- Promote exclusive offers, RK Firearms Plus Protection Plan (RKFPPP), and awareness of the store loyalty program.
- Process special orders, operate the POS register, and resolve return issues as needed.
- Contribute to the visual merchandising efforts by zoning product displays, ensuring proper signage, and maintaining a clean, safe, and attractive sales floor during periods when not assisting customers.
- Participate in cross-training for flexibility in various departments and responsibilities.
- Actively participate in learning initiatives offered such as training programs, workshops, and webinars. Leverage these opportunities to acquire new knowledge, refine existing skills, and stay current on the latest developments.
- Provide friendly, proactive, and professional internal and external support to others, assisting with inquiries, concerns, and issues promptly and effectively.
- Demonstrate behaviors that exemplify Rural King’s Values: People First, Integrity, Attitude, Initiative, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualities for Success
- High school diploma or equivalent; additional education or training in firearms safety is a plus.
- Previous experience in firearms sales or a related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding firearms sales and transfers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to engage customers effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen, ask relevant questions, and provide thorough and articulate responses.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain a high level of attention to detail.
- Proven track record of consistently producing error-free work and meeting quality standards.
- Proficiency in using computer systems for transaction processing and record-keeping.
- Strong commitment to maintaining a safe and secure shopping environment.
- Demonstrated behaviors must reflect integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds repetitively and 31-50 pounds intermittently.
- Must be able to verbally communicate effectively with others (in-person and via electronic devices).
- Must have close visual awareness.
- Ability to use a ladder and/or pallet jack.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We use E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.