Schafer Industries is a premier supplier of off-highway axles and differentiated precision gearing solutions. Established in 1934, Schafer Industries has locations in South Bend, IN, Roscoe, IL, Fredericktown, OH and Blacklick, OH. Schafer Industries is one of the few manufacturers of integrated axle solutions in the off-highway electric vehicle market. Schafer serves customers in a variety of end markets including off-highway vehicles, recreational vehicles, aerospace, defense, oil & gas, material handling, powertrain, electric mobility, heavy duty trucking, agriculture, and construction. Our mission is to leverage world class capabilities to deliver superior products and services to maximize the value for our customers, employees, shareholders, and communities.
Schafer Industries is currently seeking an 1st (5am-330pm) shift Assembler for its Schafer Driveline operation in Fredericktown, OH. This is a temporary full-time position, which may be considered for regular full-time employment after 90 days. The schedule is 10-hour shifts, Monday - Thursday with occasional overtime. The facility is climate controlled, and Schafer is also currently offering a sign-on bonus.
Why Work at Schafer Industries?
- We are a growth-oriented company with a diversified customer base.
- We are committed to a culture of safety and continuous improvement.
- You will enjoy a collaborative work environment where your talents and opinions matter.
- We provide training as well as opportunities to work on projects in support of your career development.
- You will quickly see your impact when working with the team.
- We have competitive pay and benefits to include 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement.
- We live our values of Safety, Integrity, Responsibility to Others, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement and Accountability in all that we do.
Schafer Driveline offers a comprehensive, competitive total compensation program based on market trends. The company maintains training programs and tuition reimbursement to continually provide the opportunity for employees to enhance and improve their existing knowledge and skills. Benefits offered to employees and their families include:
- Medical, and Dental Plans
- Company Paid Vision Plan
- Company Paid Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company Paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(K) Savings Plan (Including company match)
- Job Related Training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Optional Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
The assembler is responsible for assembling items according to specifications and in a timely manner.
- Assemble products according to process sheets and blueprints.
- Gauge the assemblies to the specifications on the process sheets.
- Visually inspect the components and assemblies.
- Label the completed units with customer specifications.
- Do assigned tasks according to the clean-up schedule.
- Use torque wrenches and other hand tools for assembly.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by your Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ability to Read and Write.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. The employee will occasionally lift, carry, push, and/or pull; some climbing and balancing; frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 10% walking and 90% standing. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and under conditions with some exposure to the risk of injury and/or illness.
No travel is expected for this position.
Schafer Industries is an EEO/AAP Employer:
Our company is committed to providing equal employment opportunity. This means that we make employment decisions on the basis of job-related qualifications, skills and abilities and not on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
As a federal subcontractor, we also are required to take affirmative action, or proactive measures, to prevent discrimination.