As a partner in building brighter futures for youth and their families, your role will be to provide direct care and other related technical and clinical support activities that align with The Village Network’s Mission, Vision & Values.
Essential Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Assists in the transportation needs when not temporarily assigned to other program needs.
- Provides behavior management in assigned areas, keeps clients on task, and documents behavior modification system.
- Assists teacher /staff with daily operation of assigned area. Assists with attendance, communication with parents and referring agencies. Provides transportation if necessary. Oversees meal time and breaks.
- Provides crisis and/or individual counseling, groups for youth under supervision. This must be coordinated with the teacher and/or Clinical Therapist.
- Provides psych educational groups for youth. Selects curriculum based on group’s needs, in coordination with teachers and/or Clinical Therapists.
- Assists in the behavioral management of the residential campus when not assigned to other program needs.
- Provides direction to Youth Care Specialists as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to use a computer; proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Diploma/GED required
- 3+ years of behavioral health experience or Bachelors Degree in a Human Services related field desired.
- Valid Ohio Driver’s License and maintains a driving record that allows that individual to be insurable with the insurance company providing The Village Network with vehicle insurance. In addition, travel to homes of clients/students is necessary.
- Ability to comply with The Village Network requirements for using restraints including sufficient strength and completion of extensive training.
- Ability to handle bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, reaching, and walking for periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds independently.
- Must be able to remain alert to problems, needs or emergencies that might arise on any shift, maintaining a safe environment for the clients.
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with all levels or personnel, internal and external to the company.