Mount Vernon Health and Rehabilitation
Provides care and services to residents who are functionally, physically, or socially impaired
within the scope of license at our Skilled Nursing (SNF) and Assisted Living Residence (AL)
under the direction of the RN. Provides charge nurse duties to include medication management and administration, assessment, treatment, and supervision of direct care staff. The LPN Supervisor will also be required to provide on-call clinical consultation to the staff as needed. S/he supports a philosophy of aging in place consistent with the mission of assisted living and in compliance with the State of Vermont Level lll Assisted Living/Residential Care Home regulations.
1. Nursing Responsibilities:
1. Conduct monthly/ weekly/ daily/ resident review and document resident health status charts.
2. Administer medications in accordance with professional practice standards, SNF and AL
policy and Ohio Licensing Regulations.
3. Comply with SNF and AL policies and procedures related to controlled substances, narcotic
count and documentation.
4. Use sound nursing judgment to evaluate changes in resident situations and report to/call RN or rescue when appropriate.
5. Communicate professionally and timely with other health professionals1 including MD offices, hospital care managers, nursing home social services staff, and pharmacy.
6. Supervise and direct LPN Charge nurse(s) and Resident Assistants (RA) in provision of care to residents.
7. Record incidents errors or accidents.
8. Promptly page or call RN as needed.
9. Assist with tasks related to RA work as necessary or when short staffed, including
assisting in dining room1 performing bathing, incontinence care, and the like.
10. Promptly notify appropriate staff of any building emergencies or concerns such as fire alarms security concerns or breakdown in any major system (plumbing, dishwasher/ etc.).
11. Consults with RN regarding resident reassessments and Level of Care changes annually or as needed.
12. Develops and implements the plan of care for each resident with consultation by the RN.
13. Responsible to report or ensure that a report is made re: resident incidents, as required by State policy, including reports of suspected abuse, neglect and exploitation of residents to the State's Division of Licensing and Protection.
2.Directs resident plans of care and service delivery:
1. Implements, monitors and supervises staff providing care in accordance with resident care
plans in consultation with the RN.
2. Consults with the SASH Coordinator and/or resident's case manager regarding resident status, plans of care and resident assessments including documentation required for participation in the Medicaid Waiver program.
3. Coordinates with the SASH Coordinator, RN and/or Director to engage and encourage
participation of residents, family members and guardians in decision making, planning for and meeting resident needs.
4. Meets on a scheduled basis with the RN and Director to coordinate and ensure consistency in the clinical care of residents, clinical supervision of staff and operations of the AL Unit.
5. Responds to requests for clinical consultation from direct care staff, SASH Coordinator, case managers, etc.
6. Consults with physicians, VNA, physical therapists and other medical providers on an as needed basis to ensure the well-being of AL residents.
3.Provides training and support to assisted living staff:
1. Consults with the RN and Director of CSAL to identify staff training needs and participates
in the development and provision of same, in support of quality resident care.
2. Prepares annual staff performance appraisals in coordination with Director and RN.
3. Provides periodic feedback to staff on their job performance re: resident care and services.
4. Emergency Preparedness:
1. Respond to and acts appropriately in emergency situations.
1. Acts as Charge Nurse in the absence of the RN.
2. Work collaboratively with peers and other team members.
3. Use tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in potentially sensitive or emotionally
4. Follow up with appropriate staff, residents and other individuals regarding reported
complaints, problems and concerns.
5. Act as ambassador and public relations representative to guests and visitors.
6. Maintain all certifications required for employment and participate in on-going educational
7. Assist with training new staff.
Must possess an Ohio LPN license
Experience in long term care setting preferred.
Able to think, act and intervene appropriately in both routine and emergency situations.
Must possess a high degree of interpersonal communication skills to relate with a wide variety of individuals.
He/she must have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
Must possess strong organizational and time management skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
• Exposed to body fluids, infection, odors and behavior of residents.
• Exposed to chemicals and cleaning solutions
• Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability in order to cope with the physical, mental and emotional stress of the position.
• Must be able to lift/push up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to lift, carry, stand, bend, squat, crawl, reach and kneel using good body
mechanics for sustained periods of time.
ALS Standards of Conduct:
1. Demonstrates a commitment to the mission and values of ALS.
2. Demonstrates respectful and effective communication with co-workers, residents, families and vendors.
3. Protects the privacy and confidentiality of information related to residents, families, staff
and general ALS operations.
4. Communicates a positive image about ALS to the community.
5. Conducts him/herself in a safe manner by adhering to all safety practices, rules and
standards throughout the work day.
6. Demonstrates a commitment to quality and proactively seeks to make improvements to systems and processes.
7. Maintains a professional appearance that is appropriate for his/her position.
8. Reports to work on time, provides advance notice for time off, completes timecard in ADP
system accurately and appropriately manages PTO time.
9. Demonstrates a commitment to integrity in work habits and use of ALS resources.
10. ALS's mission and operations require that an employee is prepared to perform duties as assigned that may be outside his/her principle responsibilities
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the application below.