Eligibility Referral Specialist 1
The Eligibility Referral Specialist 1 determines financial eligibility of applicants for public assistance programs. Daily responsibilities include conducting interviews by telephone or in-person, obtaining verifications, gathering data, computing budgets, and drawing eligibility conclusions, explaining programs, making referrals for additional resources, documenting case activities, and managing an assigned caseload.
The successful candidate will have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent (post-secondary coursework in social services or case management is a plus, but not necessary)
- Above average interview skills
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
- A current, valid driver’s license
- Thorough knowledge of general office functions and processes
- Above average proficiency in grammar, punctuation, spelling, and basic mathematics
- A service minded attitude with outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to type and effectively operate/navigate computer programs and be proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment and to re-prioritize work assignments
- Capability to work harmoniously with others and collaboratively with a team
- Regular and dependable attendance
What’s in it for you?
- Full-time public employment with benefits
- Monday – Friday work schedule with 8:00 am – 4:30 pm work hours
- Excellent medical, dental, vision insurance
- Paid time off including personal/professional time, vacation, and sick leave
- 11 paid holidays
- Public employees enjoy OPERS retirement with a generous match
- Opportunity for career growth and upward mobility
Please send resume to OMJKnoxjfs.ohio.gov or complete application below.