Knox Community Hospital
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing invoices for payments, preparing checks, distributing checks, and maintaining accounts payable files. Additional duties include monthly account reconciliations related to accounts payable activity, vendor file maintenance, miscellaneous billing, and providing accounting support as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Knowledge of accounts payable processes. General understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing. Proficient with Windows based software. Data entry and 10 key experience. Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Personal computer with windows based programs
- Microsoft Office applications
- Internet and email
- 10-key Calculator
- Hospital Information System (Paragon)
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for processing and sending all Accounts Payable payments.
- Vendor invoices
- Doctor payments
- Employee Travel Reimbursements
- Corporate card payments to vendors
- Maintains electronic filing system
- Direct Deposit Payments
Month End Closing Responsibilities.
- Balancing assigned accounts
- General ledger review
- Accounts payable accrual
- Miscellaneous billing
- To function as a dependable and flexible member of the Fiscal Services department in a variety of areas.
- To be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative in providing support to ensure timely completion of departmental objectives.
- Participate in staff meetings, educational programs, committees, QI activities and mandatory in-services.
- Demonstrate initiative in personal/ professional development.
- Present a professional image.
- Assist with control of costs through the judicious use of human and material resources.
- Other duties as assigned.