CAD Designer – Form Shop (entry-level and experienced)
Kokosing is one of America's 60 largest General Contractors and services a broad spectrum of clients in both the private and public business sectors.
Located in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic Regions, Kokosing's services include the construction of highways/bridges, industrial facilities/factories, data centers, marine, solar, advanced industrial, pipeline, and water/wastewater facilities, along with asphalt/concrete pavement and underground utilities.
For over 70 years, our family-owned company has successfully attracted the most qualified technical personnel in the construction industry by offering visible challenges, superior quality, and attractive rewards.
With over $1.2 billion (and growing) in annual sales and a commitment to its workforce, Kokosing is the winning team.
- Draw concrete structures off information provided on contract drawings, and then create a formwork design that the jobsite will use to construct the project.
** Entry-level/new grads and those with experience are encouraged to apply! **
- We have a very supportive/mentoring company culture to assist as you get familiar with the technical aspects of the designs and role.
- Design and prepare detailed CAD drawings that will be used to create a formwork plan.
- Find inconsistencies and mistakes in contract drawings.
- Work with construction operations teams to conceptualize and develop means, methods and construction plans.
- Coordinate various project schedules to manage needs for formwork design and equipment shipments.
- Interface with project team as required to help resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Knowledge Requirements / Skills:
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Programs and Microsoft Office products
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to coordinate with estimating and operations staff.
- Previous drafting and/or construction detailing is preferred
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment
- Math, time management and critical thinking skills
- Ability to read construction plans
Kokosing Construction offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.