Kokosing is one of America's 60 largest General Contractors and services a broad spectrum of clients in both the private and public business sectors.
Located in the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic Regions, Kokosing's services include the construction of highways/bridges, industrial facilities/factories, data centers, marine, solar, advanced industrial, pipeline, and water/wastewater facilities, along with asphalt/concrete pavement and underground utilities.
For over 70 years, our family-owned company has successfully attracted the most qualified technical personnel in the construction industry by offering visible challenges, superior quality, and attractive rewards.
With over $1.2 billion (and growing) in annual sales and a commitment to its workforce, Kokosing is the winning team.Summary:
- Kokosing Is looking for a Trucking Coordinator/Administrator for coordination of out-sourced trucking, in house administration and logistical support to the trucking fleet and drivers by coordinating trucking not covered by the in-house fleet and providing administrative support.
**This position is located in Fredericktown, Ohio location**Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule Construction Materials & Equipment not covered by in-house fleet across the East coast & Midwest
- Take incoming requests from Job sites & intercompany Departments for material & equipment moves
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritize for efficiency
- Must be well tempered and outgoing, and possess the willingness to deal with work issues after work hours
- Be a self-starter willing to take training in order to improve knowledge and skills
- Identify and determine efficient logistic routes and hauling set-ups
- Coordinate concrete barrier wall for jobsites, including invoicing,
- Evaluate outside carriers for dependability, cost effectiveness, and efficiency
- Use Construction Software and other computer programs to track equipment and do invoicing
- The Team Member in this job will become knowledgeable about the Company’s safety policies and procedures as described in the Company Safety Manual and Team Member handbook
- General Knowledge of DOT Rules & Regulations (i.e. Legal weight & dimensions)
- General geographical knowledge of the Midwest & East Coast
- Must have competent computer skills, familiar with Microsoft Office Suite of programs, Google Docs, and Viewpoint Construction Software applications including Microsoft Outlook
- This is a fast-paced environment that requires initiative and flexibility with changes due to job site needs, weather, and maintenance
- Reports to the Transportation Department Manager and interacts closely with Field Supervision, Department Personnel, Maintenance Supervision & Personnel and Company Management
- Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
Kokosing offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, life, and disability insurance, paid time off and a 401K plan.
Kokosing is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action federal and state contractor. The company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.