Rural King Farm and Home Store strives to create a positive and rewarding workplace for our associates. We offer opportunities for growth, competitive benefits, a people first environment, and an opportunity to work alongside dedicated associates who share a passion for providing an exceptional experience and service to our rural communities. Whether you are starting an entry-level position or joining with professional experience, Rural King encourages professional growth and provides the necessary resource to help you succeed and grow with us.
When you join the Rural King team, you become a contributing member in supporting the needs of and making a difference in the lives of those within the people and communities we serve.
How we reward you
401k with a generous 50% match up to first 10% of earnings * Healthcare plans to support your needs * Virtual doctor visits * Access to Centers of Excellence with Barnes Jewish Hospital and Mayo Clinic’s Complex Care Program * 15% Associate Discount * Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar Program (no cost to you!) * Associate Assistance Program * RK Cares Associate Hardship Program * 24/7 Chaplaincy Services
What You’ll do
The purpose of the Outside Recovery Associate is to facilitate efficient management of various projects in our outdoor merchandising area, with a core emphasis on assisting customers in loading their vehicles post-purchase. In addition, the role involves activities such as pricing and zoning outdoor merchandise, unloading deliver trucks, gathering shopping carts, attending to customer inquiries, and maintaining a pristine exterior presentation of the store, ensuring a warm and inviting entry for our customers.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by assisting customers in loading their purchases into their vehicles.
- Collect customer signatures for load out tickets to confirm successful transactions.
- Perform “load outs” for customers from the store to their vehicles, ensuring safe loading and contributing to a seamless shopping experience.
- Adhere to the Outdoor Merchandising Guide to maintain consistent outside presentation that can be routinely shopped by our customers, and easily stocked and maintained by our associates.
- Ensure accurate pricing of products for customer convenience.
- Keep the parking lot, corral, and designated areas clean and well-maintained.
- Zone outside merchandising spaces such as the load lanes, nurseries, bullpens, and front side walks during available intervals to maintain an orderly display.
- Use standard office equipment, including telephones, copiers, fax machines, calculators, and computers.
- Operate retail equipment such as the Telxon gun, forklift, pallet jack, ladder, and other tools.
- Participate in cross-training for flexibility in various departments and responsibilities.
- Actively participate in learning initiatives offered such as training programs, workshops, and webinars. Leverage these opportunities to acquire new knowledge, refine existing skills, and stay current on the latest developments.
- Provide friendly, proactive, and professional internal and external support to others, assisting with inquiries, concerns, and issues promptly and effectively.
- Demonstrate behaviors that exemplify Rural King’s Values: People First, Integrity, Attitude, Initiative, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualities for Success
- Ability to be engaging with the team within a fast-paced setting, displaying adaptability, proactivity, resourcefulness, and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey ideas, instructions, and information clearly and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to actively listen, ask relevant questions, and provide thorough and articulate responses.
- Demonstrated experience making sound decisions in a professional context. Proven track record of evaluating options, considering relevant factors, and achieving desired outcomes.
- Demonstrate a high level of adaptability in response to changing priorities, unexpected challenges, and evolving business needs.
- Ability to operate independently without direct oversight.
- Ability to utilize in-store computer systems, scanning technology, and wireless handheld devices.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30-50 pounds repetitively.
- Ability to use a ladder, pallet jack, and/or a forklift.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively and professionally with all audiences (in-person or via handheld transceiver).
- Close vision for computer-related activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We use E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the application below.