Rural King Farm and Home Store strives to create a positive and rewarding workplace for our associates. We offer opportunities for growth, competitive benefits, a people first environment, and an opportunity to work alongside dedicated associates who share a passion for providing an exceptional experience and service to our rural communities. Whether you are starting an entry-level position or joining with professional experience, Rural King encourages professional growth and provides the necessary resource to help you succeed and grow with us.
When you join the Rural King team, you become a contributing member in supporting the needs of and making a difference in the lives of those within the people and communities we serve.
How we reward you
401k with a generous 50% match up to first 10% of earnings * Healthcare plans to support your needs * Virtual doctor visits * Access to Centers of Excellence with Barnes Jewish Hospital and Mayo Clinic’s Complex Care Program * 15% Associate Discount * Dave Ramsey’s SmartDollar Program (no cost to you!) * Associate Assistance Program * RK Cares Associate Hardship Program * 24/7 Chaplaincy Services
What You’ll do
The purpose of the Mechanic I is to oversee the small engine repair shop within the store, including tractors when applicable. This role involves managing work orders for customer repairs, conducting equipment servicing and repairs, ordering parts, and managing warranty claims.
- Deliver exceptional customer service, ensuring timely and high-quality onsite repair services for all assigned work orders.
- Enforce equipment and tool safety protocols, ensuring secure and proper usage.
- Oversee the lawful handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous materials as required.
- Complete necessary warranty paperwork and submissions promptly in accordance with manufacturer guidelines.
- Maintain accurate daily documentation of performed work and progress.
- Preserve a safe, clean, and organized shop environment in alignment with managerial expectations.
- Manage special order parts for work orders as necessary.
- Perform service tasks in a safe and efficient manner, adhering to manufacturer specifications.
- Utilize computer systems to identify parts, troubleshoot issues, document repairs, order components, and process claims.
- Perform preventative maintenance and intermediate level servicing on customer and company-owned machines.
- Assist in loading and unloading customer machines for repairs and deliveries.
- Interpret and comprehend operating and repair manuals, system diagrams, blueprints, and drawings.
- Exhibit effective communication skills, interacting professionally with diverse audiences, including customers, for sales support and education purposes.
- Provide regular work updates, highlighting completed tasks, identified issues, and forthcoming schedules.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of customer and company-owned machinery for repairs and deliveries.
- Engage in preventative maintenance and basic servicing of customer and company machines.
- Participate in equipment sales processes when required.
- Manage multiple priorities, effectively organize workloads, and meet established deadlines.
- Safely operate various machinery and equipment, such as forklifts, gantry cranes, electric hoists, servicing tools, diagnostic equipment, and multimeters.
- Utilize general office equipment, including keyboard operations, for routine tasks.
- Participate in cross-training for flexibility in various departments and responsibilities.
- Actively participate in learning initiatives offered such as training programs, workshops, and webinars. Leverage these opportunities to acquire new knowledge, refine existing skills, and stay current on the latest developments.
- Provide friendly, proactive, and professional internal and external support to others, assisting with inquiries, concerns, and issues promptly and effectively.
- Demonstrate behaviors that exemplify Rural King’s Values: People First, Integrity, Attitude, Initiative, Teamwork, Accountability, and Continuous Improvement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualities for Success
Intermediate to advanced mechanical skills encompassing small engine, diesel, and hydraulic systems diagnostics and repairs.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency in navigating and utilizing in-store technology resources, including CRM software, diagnostic programs, barcode scanning systems, and wireless handheld devices.
- Ability to work independently without frequent supervision.
- Ability to maintain a seated or standing position for extended durations.
- Ability to lift, push, and/or pull a minimum of 30 pounds repetitively and 31-50 pounds intermittently.
- Able to navigate and access all facilities.
- Skill to effectively communicate verbally with others, both in-person and via electronic devices.
- Close vision for computer-related activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We use E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired associates. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.