Mount Vernon City Schools
To join our educational team Help us continue the tradition of excellence in education!
Substitute Custodian DESCRIPTION:
● Sweeping, mopping, wet-washing and vacuuming floors and stairwells in assigned area
● Uses upright and/or backpack vacuum, floor scrubber machine, buffer, zero turn mower, push mower, leaf blower ● Keeps waste baskets empty and clean, dusts furniture, clean desks, cleans and polishes fixtures and cleans to meet blood borne pathogen requirements
● Works outside the building as needed to pick up litter, cut grass, remove snow, spread deicer, unload trucks, etc. ● Assist during breakfast and lunch, clean tables, remove trash
● Clean, sweep, mop, and sanitize restrooms, refill supplies
● Report unsafe conditions to supervisor or principal
● Must be able to learn procedures for safe operation of equipment
● Has ability to acquire basic knowledge of health and environmental regulations
● Must pass a general background check (BCI/FBI) APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
Complete application - only applications submitted online at https://www.applitrack.com/mvcsd/onlineapp will be accepted. Hard copy applications not accepted. ● Submit letter of interest explaining why the position interests you and why we should be interested in you.
● Submit a current resume with references.
Mount Vernon City Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer Mount Vernon City Schools ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Mount Vernon City Schools has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making an application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources.